Sponsored

Loud cooling fan?

runswithbeers

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock; 2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (x 2), 2018 JL Rubicon
A cooling system can move a lot of air and cool very efficiently and still not sound like an 747 taxiing for takeoff. For those that love the loud fans that’s cool. But it’s not necessary that it be so loud to cool the engine and not everyone is on a trail for every mile of their Jeep driving. Since we’ve already reached 100 degree temps here and will stay that way for the next 5 months it’ll be something to get used to until the aftermarket produces a “mall crawler edition” fan for those who’d rather it be quieter.
Now that would HAVE to void your warranty.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I wouldn’t expect a new vehicle warranty to cover any aftermarket replacement part.
It's not about it covering the aftermarket part itself, it's that the warranty would definitely not cover any mechanical issues related to overheating of components if you intentionally installed a weaker, quieter fan.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Is the noise due to the fan or the shrouding? Installing a different fan may not reduce noise unless you remove the shrouding.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
Living in FL I have to deal with the noise nearly year round. When I start it in the Garage it is nearly deafening. I have had long time jeep owners tell me there is something wrong with my new Jeep and look sckeptical when I say the dealer said it was normal. Also when it’s a super hot day, I will stop at a light and the engine cuts off for about 10 seconds, then the AC kicks back on with the engine and I get looks from the people in the cars next to me. I would prefer it to be quieter, but if it was at the expense of less AC then I will take the noise.

Sponsored

JeepOntheBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
I didn’t really notice it inside the jeep the first week but I had my Jeep running today and it was in the driveway. A/C was full blast. I got out of the Jeep and couldn’t believe how loud the A/C fan was being outside the vechile. It sounded like a 747!

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Same issue here, Having always owned a Jeep this is by far the loudest out of any. My 2017 Grand Cherokee is a heck of a lot quieter
My neighbor stopped in the road and asked me why is it so loud? As in loud up front and a whisper for a exhaust. I told him that it was the electric supercharger building boost at a low rpm. He’s a motor head and just looked at me with wtf face. I almost had him for a second

JL Sparky

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepl jl, jeep xj
Well am very glad am not only one I checked coolant level and is just fine too:clap:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Doesn't really seem that loud to me but Im getting older. LOL
Its also probably why my JL doesn't heat up like my JK did going up the mountain.

Scott1911

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 Door Unicorn
I just tell people that the Jl has a gas turbine under the hood :captain::beer:

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just tell people that the Jl has a gas turbine under the hood :captain::beer:
It does sound like a Jet plane taxiing when you move from a stop to low speed like in a drive through.

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The first time I heard the fan was during my first trip off-road and I thought something was seriously wrong! It's definitely embarrassing driving around town while it's running as you get lots of odd looks.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I park in a damn parking garage every day and I turn the AC on full blast when I leave just to make as much noise as possible. It is so freakin loud it's kind of comical :)

Aaaaand it helps mask the loud clicking sound while turning at low speed ;-)

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
OK, for all the aircraft references I'd like to note that a 747 is not very loud. Try an old school DC-8 with JT3's or even a 707/737 with JT8's! Or for any USAF peeps, an F4 Phantom taking off with afterburner... ouch. :surprised:
Sponsored