Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ive taken my evo liners out and thought about welding a plate over the logo on the front towers so i show nothing of thier name
Sponsored

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well I guess I’ll see how mine do! Sorry you guys had bad experiences - I’m a big believer companies should stand behind their products (LOD really impressed me with their support). I’ll update as I wheel - I’ll he doing some moderate trails over next month and good stuff in moab in October .
I’m not a fan boy by any stretch so I’ll post real world results as I get them .

Jeepney209

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I think the requirements to like their shit are - Pony Tail & YouTube channel

That gets free parts and install from them - so I’m sure he is a fan of them…

Nothing EVO fits good out of the box or as they manufactured it. Even their own stinger does NOT bolt to their own bumper. You have to drill your own holes, and on mine I hit frame rail doing so because the guide hole in the stinger was ever so slightly off..

That’s just one example, my super sagging springs are another. And my expensive ass bump stops that DO NOT ENGAGE under articulation are yet another 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sounds like pony tail guy and YouTube channel got you buying EVO products 🤣

I have the EVO long arm coilover kit for over 2yrs now. A little over a year with UD60s. I know exactly how you feel about EVO specially their bumper drilling holes and stinger does not line up, but mostly my coilovers harsh and stiff ride and king air bump stops not engaging early as it should. Your shocks are your bump stop and those king air bumps you have will stop you from bottoming out.

After dealing with a harsh and stiff ride on my suspension set up for over 2yrs, I finally got it dialed in. I got it rebuilt and tuned and It rides so smooth now. It hauls ass in the rough now. It doesn’t throw me off my seats anymore. I can go 20+ mph on rough/rocky roads that I usually drive around 5mph. I’m not bottoming out anymore when I smash on whoops and big dips like I used to. I can only imagine having a set up like yours will do in the rough/rocky road with a proper shock tune. I’ve seen your build thread and other people builds on here with the same set up like mine. I used to spend hours reading comments of people and tried to do what they did on their shocks and it never worked for me. After getting a proper shock tune and watched most of the videos on YouTube about coilovers, I really learned a lot how things work. I’m no suspension/coilover guru but some people on here know but most people on here have no idea how coilovers, spring rates, sliders, coil rings, valving and all that stuff works. It’s ok, we all make mistakes and gathered misinformation. Watch filthy Motorsport about king shocks and set up YouTube. There’s a lot of good informationon on their YouTube channel.

I’d say get a shock tune. You will love your set up. If you have a question about tuning, dm me on ig. I’m barely on here jeepney209. I know someone that can do some miracle on your shocks. They call him the shock Jesus.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Sounds like pony tail guy and YouTube channel got you buying EVO products 🤣

I have the EVO long arm coilover kit for over 2yrs now. A little over a year with UD60s. I know exactly how you feel about EVO specially their bumper drilling holes and stinger does not line up, but mostly my coilovers harsh and stiff ride and king air bump stops not engaging early as it should. Your shocks are your bump stop and those king air bumps you have will stop you from bottoming out.

After dealing with a harsh and stiff ride on my suspension set up for over 2yrs, I finally got it dialed in. I got it rebuilt and tuned and It rides so smooth now. It hauls ass in the rough now. It doesn’t throw me off my seats anymore. I can go 20+ mph on rough/rocky roads that I usually drive around 5mph. I’m not bottoming out anymore when I smash on whoops and big dips like I used to. I can only imagine having a set up like yours will do in the rough/rocky road with a proper shock tune. I’ve seen your build thread and other people builds on here with the same set up like mine. I used to spend hours reading comments of people and tried to do what they did on their shocks and it never worked for me. After getting a proper shock tune and watched most of the videos on YouTube about coilovers, I really learned a lot how things work. I’m no suspension/coilover guru but some people on here know but most people on here have no idea how coilovers, spring rates, sliders, coil rings, valving and all that stuff works. It’s ok, we all make mistakes and gathered misinformation. Watch filthy Motorsport about king shocks and set up YouTube. There’s a lot of good informationon on their YouTube channel.

I’d say get a shock tune. You will love your set up. If you have a question about tuning, dm me on ig. I’m barely on here jeepney209. I know someone that can do some miracle on your shocks. They call him the shock Jesus.
Tuning and proper spring rates will absolutely help the ride quality like you mentioned. However some things like shocks hitting the frame or too long of a shock cant be fixed easily.

Jeepney209

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Tuning and proper spring rates will absolutely help the ride quality like you mentioned. However some things like shocks hitting the frame or too long of a shock cant be fixed easily.
My shocks has been hittin the frame since the install with the AGM sliders and it has been fine. There’s nothing you can do to avoid that with the EVO kit along with 2.5 king. I’ve been wheeling it hard with no problem except for the harsh and stiff ride lol

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I haven't ever gone with a full kit from them for reasons others have mentioned. But I love their plush springs -- they were great both on my JT and my JLU.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My shocks has been hittin the frame since the install with the AGM sliders and it has been fine. There’s nothing you can do to avoid that with the EVO kit along with 2.5 king. I’ve been wheeling it hard with no problem except for the harsh and stiff ride lol
Yeah you can weld another 1.5” bracket to the outside of thier bracket and gain the clearance off the frame lol. Thats what i did, it was into the frame for a good 1.5-2” of travel left. Even on a wide axle with brackets moved over all the way to the C it still isnt enough

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Ha! That would be extremely frustrating for me spending that kind of money. You risk bending/breaking the shocks and it limits your travel. Like @Moto_21 mentioned, you can relocate the lower shock mounts out more, that will certainly help.

Jeepney209

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Ha! That would be extremely frustrating for me spending that kind of money. You risk bending/breaking the shocks and it limits your travel. Like @Moto_21 mentioned, you can relocate the lower shock mounts out more, that will certainly help.
My shocks are totally fine. It doesn’t bend at full flex and doesn’t limit my travel at all. It’s just the springs and agm sliders aren’t pretty anymore. Just like my wheels and axles and all the other parts I have on it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My shocks are totally fine. It doesn’t bend at full flex and doesn’t limit my travel at all. It’s just the springs and agm sliders aren’t pretty anymore. Just like my wheels and axles and all the other parts I have on it 🤷🏽‍♂️
Seems like a very poorly designed setup.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
idk why “way a life” YouTube channel is a banned site?? Lol
It is banned because of an internet bitch fight between litebrite worshippers and wayotheponytail worshippers that devolved into threats of violence, and actually ended up with one litebrite wacko threatening to show up at EJS and start shooting people from the wayolife group. People from here were trolling that site and some of theirs came over here and started trolling as well. It's a bit of a rougher crowd over there as opposed to here, it's not billed as a family friendly site. Funniest part is that it was all so called "adults" involved in all the stupidity. Those were the events leading up to the banning of even the name of that site here, which IMO is just as juvenile as the flame wars that were going on, none of the mods have ever come forward and specifically given a reason that I have been able to find. Celebrity worship at its finest...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It is banned because of an internet bitch fight between litebrite worshippers and wayotheponytail worshippers that devolved into threats of violence, and actually ended up with one litebrite wacko threatening to show up at EJS and start shooting people from the wayolife group. People from here were trolling that site and some of theirs came over here and started trolling as well. It's a bit of a rougher crowd over there as opposed to here, it's not billed as a family friendly site. Funniest part is that it was all so called "adults" involved in all the stupidity. Those were the events leading up to the banning of even the name of that site here, which IMO is just as juvenile as the flame wars that were going on, none of the mods have ever come forward and specifically given a reason that I have been able to find. Celebrity worship at its finest...
Both camps tout the gear that’s given to them for free as the best gear on the planet. Same goes for most youtubers, which is why you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Both camps tout the gear that’s given to them for free as the best gear on the planet. Same goes for most youtubers, which is why you have to take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Very true. It's sad what happened though, both sites are a great resource for information. If you want to know what electrical gremlin is causing your JL to shut down on the highway, or what stickers look best, this is probably a better site. If you want to know how to throw tons and 40's under your Jeep with a custom 3 or 4 link suspension build, or how to build a custom Jeep tube buggy, that's probably a better place. Both places have good info, it's a shame there is a big hate wall between the two because of some idiots who want to bow down at the feet of different YouTube gods.