Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
RK makes a nice long arm kit the only problem for me is I want to use weld on sliders and the way the lower arms are in the back are really long which is nice for ride quality but trying to put some weld on sliders in there it's not.
I made my LoD sliders work welding them on…….I had no choice, they were bolted to the frame and both front and rear CA brackets landed in the same spots….
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I made my LoD sliders work welding them on…….I had no choice, they were bolted to the frame and both front and rear CA brackets landed in the same spots….
Yeah you can definitely make them work.👍

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many times have you adjusted caster since your original setup? Pinch bolts will absolutely come loose when you’re dealing with kits with this much flex. If you set up limit straps properly you lose almost 0 travel.

EVO has some great ideas. They execute them poorly and have horrid customer service. The stories you read here are pretty much the norm unless you stumble onto a group of their fanboys.

Yes, RK makes the baddest kits out there. They stand behind their products and when you call them you almost always get Bob who is highly knowledgeable and actually uses their product. You just don’t get that from any other manufacturer.
I can only speak with my experience on it. And I don't care if you lose zero travel I am not going to run it limiting strap personal preference I don't believe you need to my opinion. I have never ever had a pinch bolt come loose and like I said I've been running it for 3 years on the same kit. Been to the Rubicon almost every weekend in those 3 years cuz I live really close to it , Fordyce Moab and Sand hollow. As far as there customer service yeah that could use some work . I've adjusted Caster on my Jeep many times. More more than the front I've adjusted the rear pinion due to several different changes I've made to my rig and it's handy having those pinch bolts.
I also run RK products on my Jeep.
In fact if they made a weld on front three link for the front of my ud60 I would take a long hard look at it 😁😉

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I can only speak with my experience on it. I have never ever had a pinch bolt come loose and like I said I've been running it for 3 years on the same kit. Been to the Rubicon almost every weekend in those 3 years cuz I live really close to it , Fordyce Moab and Sand hollow. As far as there customer service yeah that could use some work . I've adjusted Caster on my Jeep many times.
I also run RK products on my Jeep.
Yeah I don’t get it, I see people say they like pinch bolts for ease of adjustment. I dial in caster at the original setup and never touch it again unless I’m changing springs.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I’m reading this correctly, you have replaced the rear lower brackets and switched to a RK 3 link, so you are not running a complete Evo kit? I think @Moto_21 did something similar, RK rear and modified the Evo front brackets. Having to modify and switch to different brand parts seems to be a common theme with people running Evo’s kit. Not trying to start beef or anything like that, I think it’s good info to have out there for those wanting to run this kit. What was the reason you went RK?
I went with RK because they make a solid 3 link. But there's lots of people that disagree with rk's version of a three link and think well what if that arm breaks ? I've talked to Jeremy on the phone a few times he probably doesn't remember me and I seen it in action and I don't have a fear of it breaking. Obviously like the gentleman already said customer support is important as well and I've had very good interactions with RK. I don't Fanboy anybody I use what I like... An Evo control arm for instance is made up of a piece of steel a certain length a certain thickness that's the arm and a joint end and in their case they use a Johnny joint and an adjuster sleeve with a pinch bolt. RK uses basically the same thing it's a little bit longer and it's got a different end on it. Again I'm not saying one's better than the other I'm saying that for me I have never had a pinch bolt come loose and I have good experience with EVO products but they're not perfect by any means and I never said they were. I'm not the kind of guy to just take a kit and throw it on and call it a day I'm always going to Frankenstein it for instance. I'm running a total of seven arms one of those arms is a rock crawler three link in the rear the other two arms are evos with the adjuster sleeve and the pinch bolt however I just changed over to a RK joint. So does that mean that I hate Johnny joints and that they're crap no all that means is I want as much flex as I can get and I want at least amount of bind as I can get and I ran RK X Factor on my JK before it was cool everybody back then was telling me oh you know you want this you want that and I said no I want this never had an issue. The only ever issue I had with it was the shop that put it on back then before I worked on my Jeep did not know how to tighten down a goddamn jam nut. Lol
I look at it like this there's only so much geometry and angles you can do on this before it becomes just steal and joint ends and so I've taken the Best of both worlds I love the pinch bolt I love the adjuster sleeve for caster and pinion on the front and rear easily adjusting however Johnny joints don't flex as much as a Krawler joint and I don't care what anybody says they're good they're comfortable but so is the Krawler joint. By telling you this I'm not saying go out and buy this or buy that I don't do that I'm not an influencer all I am is a user of these products and I've had three Jeeps and on each Jeep I've had at least four five six different lifts of every different manufacturer( I don't claim to be an expert either) the only manufacturer I haven't used is metal cloak that doesn't mean that they're crap because I got a lot of buddies that wheel and they have metal cloak and they like it and I think it's a good system based on what I've seen them do and based on people that I know but I don't like gold just not my style so now that I've spilled out my purse just understand I'm not a fanboy of any of this I like certain products and that's what I use. And I would expect you to do the same whatever works for you that's the beauty of having a Jeep you got so much selection so many things to choose from you don't have to do it my way or anybody else's way do it your way enjoy bro!

Sponsored

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went with RK because they make a solid 3 link. But there's lots of people that disagree with rk's version of a three link and think well what if that arm breaks ? I've talked to Jeremy on the phone a few times he probably doesn't remember me and I seen it in action and I don't have a fear of it breaking. Obviously like the gentleman already said customer support is important as well and I've had very good interactions with RK. I don't Fanboy anybody I use what I like... An Evo control arm for instance is made up of a piece of steel a certain length a certain thickness that's the arm and a joint end and in their case they use a Johnny joint and an adjuster sleeve with a pinch bolt. RK uses basically the same thing it's a little bit longer and it's got a different end on it. Again I'm not saying one's better than the other I'm saying that for me I have never had a pinch bolt come loose and I have good experience with EVO products but they're not perfect by any means and I never said they were. I'm not the kind of guy to just take a kit and throw it on and call it a day I'm always going to Frankenstein it for instance. I'm running a total of seven arms one of those arms is a rock crawler three link in the rear the other two arms are evos with the adjuster sleeve and the pinch bolt however I just changed over to a RK joint. So does that mean that I hate Johnny joints and that they're crap no all that means is I want as much flex as I can get and I want at least amount of bind as I can get and I ran RK X Factor on my JK before it was cool everybody back then was telling me oh you know you want this you want that and I said no I want this never had an issue. The only ever issue I had with it was the shop that put it on back then before I worked on my Jeep did not know how to tighten down a goddamn jam nut. Lol
I look at it like this there's only so much geometry and angles you can do on this before it becomes just steal and joint ends and so I've taken the Best of both worlds I love the pinch bolt I love the adjuster sleeve for caster and pinion on the front and rear easily adjusting however Johnny joints don't flex as much as a Krawler joint and I don't care what anybody says they're good they're comfortable but so is the Krawler joint. By telling you this I'm not saying go out and buy this or buy that I don't do that I'm not an influencer all I am is a user of these products and I've had three Jeeps and on each Jeep I've had at least four five six different lifts of every different manufacturer( I don't claim to be an expert either) the only manufacturer I haven't used is metal cloak that doesn't mean that they're crap because I got a lot of buddies that wheel and they have metal cloak and they like it and I think it's a good system based on what I've seen them do and based on people that I know but I don't like gold just not my style so now that I've spilled out my purse just understand I'm not a fanboy of any of this I like certain products and that's what I use. And I would expect you to do the same whatever works for you that's the beauty of having a Jeep you got so much selection so many things to choose from you don't have to do it my way or anybody else's way do it your way enjoy bro!
Thank you for that, by the way your Jeep is a beast! #goals

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I don’t get it, I see people say they like pinch bolts for ease of adjustment. I dial in caster at the original setup and never touch it again unless I’m changing springs.
Well I'm only speaking for myself(I have coilovers) I like it it's not just for front caster to be honest with you it's more for rear pinion. In the summer I ride with the top off and the doors off and it lifted up a little bit because of the coilover now generally I don't have to adjust my rear pinion but I run it as per RK , two to three degrees down. So it's not like everyday that I'm adjusting it but when you do have to adjust it for things like that it makes it nice and easy( not to say that a jam nut is a pain because it isn't) and again I'm only speaking on my experience you know everybody else might have different experience maybe people have had issues with it all I can say is I have never had an issue with it if I did believe me I would have it changed out immediately and move on to something else.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that, by the way your Jeep is a beast! #goals
Thank you when I put the tons on there in the 40s I thought that was going to be the answer to all my problems what I didn't realize was you just have more expensive problems when you have them 💯

SDhobbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thank you when I put the tons on there in the 40s I thought that was going to be the answer to all my problems what I didn't realize was you just have more expensive problems when you have them 💯
I would have thought the same thing, tons & 40's done and done, but I guess the more we customize the more issues we have to address.

Deezus

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have thought the same thing, tons & 40's done and done, but I guess the more we customize the more issues we have to address.
Not really issues but you learn a lot from doing it , also one benefit and downfall is when I was on 37s with a coilover I actually had to drive and use skill on 40s and coilovers and tons it's basically a point and shoot and I don't feel or hear anything. 😄
Sponsored