Sponsored

LOD destroyer sliders

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
They are drop shipped from LOD and LOD shows them available on their site now so I'm assuming they should be shipping soon.
Sponsored

mdallas

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50i, BMW X5 40i, JLU Sahara
Northridge invoice says "Drop shipped from manufacturer".

so hopefully LOD has them in stock.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
We put 60-90 on those as we had not seen our first delivery of them yet. Once they start shipping out we put in the average time it takes to ship.

Sponsored

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase

WrongWheelDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, Z06 Corvette, Fiesta ST, Polaris Slingshot
60 - 90 sounds a bit ridiculous. We will try to get them to you faster than that for sure :like:
What is the ETA of these? I assumed when the status became available on your web site they were ready to go.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Am I correct to assume that I will not need to remove the body bolts for this install?

Is it confirmed these will fit the 2019 as well?

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
Am I correct to assume that I will not need to remove the body bolts for this install?

Is it confirmed these will fit the 2019 as well?
According to the installation instructions the body bolts are not removed or even loosened, only the two smaller bolts that hold the body mount bushing. This played a big factor in my decision due to reports of people who broke those bolts installing other steps/sliders so I ordered the lod destroyers last night.

There's a youtube video of installation of the lod signature sliders and he does loosen the body bolts in order to push the washer out of the way to get the lod mount to clear the washer. I'm really hoping that isn't necessary when I do my install.

Sponsored

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
According to the installation instructions the body bolts are not removed or even loosened, only the two smaller bolts that hold the body mount bushing. This played a big factor in my decision due to reports of people who broke those bolts installing other steps/sliders so I ordered the lod destroyers last night.

There's a youtube video of installation of the lod signature sliders and he does loosen the body bolts in order to push the washer out of the way to get the lod mount to clear the washer. I'm really hoping that isn't necessary when I do my install.
This is exactly my line of thinking,...I dont want to pay anyone for the install, but those body bolts make me nervous

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

This is the same thought process I went through. I’m more than willing to drill the additional holes, but those body mount bolts I want nothing to do with. Aside from the JL issues with people breaking the bolts, I believe LOD on the JK version originally specified the wrong torque for the body mount bolts and people over torqued and damaged the body. I think LOD is motivated to not touch the body mounts as well!

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
You should not remove the body bolts to install the sliders. The Destroyer sliders mount to the frame just like Threeve mentioned above, using the two side bolts adjacent to the body bolt. These mount exactly the same as our Signature Series sliders. However it can be tricky to line up the mounts with the washers if your doing it by yourself, two people make it significantly easier.

As for lead time, we have a huge batch currently in packaging... All depends where you are in line;). With more sliders becoming available every few days, it shouldn't take too long.

As for fitting on a 2019...as long as they didn't change the frame! :fingerscrossed:

Jumpinn Jeep

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Shipping confirmation received, they should arrive on Friday, and will be mounted by Saturday!