LOD destroyer sliders

Chrisdoza

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku rubicon
The ORIGINAL frame-mounted Destroyer Rock Sliders are back! A design so successful and iconic that other companies have started copying it shamelessly :) You know what they say: it is better to fail in originality, than to succeed in imitation.

-100% bolt-on
-FRAME-MOUNTED
-matches OEM styling
-drain holes
-tread dimples on the steps
-wide enough to fit boots

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...k-sliders/2018-jl-destroyer-rock-sliders.html

dsc04322.jpg
dsc04329.jpg
Hurry up and take my money!!! I have a month left before I leave the country with jeep in tow.....

Checked online and still unavailable
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you order from? They are listed "Item out of stock on their site".
Northridge4x4 They have a forum discount code too. They won’t ship for 60 days or so.

Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
@lodoffroad Anyway to extend them more to cover the ugly pinchwelds on the ends? Or at least include a vanity plate that can hide the front/back more?
Agreed. Hard to understand why these don’t extend another 1-2” on each end to align with the fenders. Beautiful product otherwise.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Agreed. Hard to understand why these don’t extend another 1-2” on each end to align with the fenders. Beautiful product otherwise.
The reason they don't extend out farther is that typically people who wheel and run larger than stock tires/wheels have a tendency to trim/hammer down those pinch welds, so we didn't want to risk rubbing tires on the sliders and left them clearanced, so that people didn't have to trim our sliders if they ran bigger wheels and tires. A lot of people paint it black to hide it also.

Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
We also wanted to retain compatibility for those who will be removing stock fenders and replacing them with aftermarket ones.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
We also wanted to retain compatibility for those who will be removing stock fenders and replacing them with aftermarket ones.
I guess the Destroyers are ment for the most extreme off-roaders. Too bad. I was hoping to install them on my lightly modded Rubicon (2 inch lift and 35-37 inch tires). I just don’t like the exposed pinch weld. The pictures of the JL on your
web page look like sliders designed for a two door were installed on a four door. :facepalm:

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@lodoffroad Anyway to extend them more to cover the ugly pinchwelds on the ends? Or at least include a vanity plate that can hide the front/back more?
I totally agree, I would not buy anything that does not cover up the pinch welds. I will either keep my original Rubicon rock rails or by the upgraded Mopar rock rails/steps.
Sponsored