Locking storage when roofless

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
The one I had in my 2012 you had to make new holes, but his is what their site says about the current JK version:

OEM Factory console inner box and lid are retained. Console insert is a drop-in installation into the factory console inner box. The Tuffy insert bolts in to existing holes without drilling. Additional hardware is provided for optional security which requires drilling two holes.

Here are the installation instructions:
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/images/assy_inst/276_INST_revB.pdf
Sponsored

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one I had in my 2012 you had to make new holes, but his is what their site says about the current JK version:

OEM Factory console inner box and lid are retained. Console insert is a drop-in installation into the factory console inner box. The Tuffy insert bolts in to existing holes without drilling. Additional hardware is provided for optional security which requires drilling two holes.

Here are the installation instructions:
https://www.tuffyproducts.com/images/assy_inst/276_INST_revB.pdf
Sorry-just realized I had s similar insert from Bestop-it just required 2 screws and allowed you to keep the top tray under the armrest. You can see it here (JK Version):
https://www.bestop.com/products/2011-2016-lock-box-for-center-console/

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
Just as an FYI, we found out the Center Console and Glovebox arnt keyed to your specific key. any JL key will open either of them if they are locked.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as an FYI, we found out the Center Console and Glovebox arnt keyed to your specific key. any JL key will open either of them if they are locked.
Dang! Thanks for letting us know-that's crazy...and a ringing endorsement for this console insert.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
Dang! Thanks for letting us know-that's crazy...and a ringing endorsement for this console insert.
5f26ca829466f5308a77b0fbc799ccff.jpg
I just put one of these decals on the back. I tend not to get fucked with :cwl:

Sponsored

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Got my JL security deck from Tuffy today. It doesn't fit with the subwoofer. Their comments on Facebook indicated it would, the details on the product page says that it won't. Guess I'll call them and see if they have another version coming out.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Got my JL security deck from Tuffy today. It doesn't fit with the subwoofer. Their comments on Facebook indicated it would, the details on the product page says that it won't. Guess I'll call them and see if they have another version coming out.
Damn, I just got mine too and was going to put it on this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Thanks for posting. I was just about to order as the page on quadratec.com also says it is compatible with the sub. I look foforward to hearing what you learn.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I just reached out to Tuffy and they were very friendly. They realize there is an issue with the subwoofer and are looking at how to make a fix for their customers. That may be a replacement panel, or a new product. Looking at the part and the sub I believe they will just replace the panel. They asked me to hold off on returning it for a couple weeks while they try to make things right. They are keeping track of customers who have been calling in about the issue.

If you have a sub and want the security deck, I'd suggest waiting until they come out with a new product for it.

If you have a sub and have already ordered and/or received the security deck, give them a call and let them know.

Sponsored

Purity’sPa

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ugg, good to know I was hoping the jl would have thought of that and made them stronger. That tuffy rear lock looks really handy.

Being smart with console is probably good enough
My JLUR has heating ducts for the rear passengers under the front seats.

What prevents someone from just flipping down the rear seats (if you don’t have the hard top on) to get to what you have in the locked rear section?

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLU Sahara
My JLUR has heating ducts for the rear passengers under the front seats.

What prevents someone from just flipping down the rear seats (if you don’t have the hard top on) to get to what you have in the locked rear section?
The tuffy has a metal side and back so flipping down the seat doesnt give any access

drewloving

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I have to go to my dealer this afternoon to swap out a soft side window that had a scratch at delivery. I'll ask about the universal JL key opening the center console and glove box.

When my JL is locked, the back hatch sits on the lid to the rear cargo cover off...I'm thinking if someone cut their way into my car, they would really need a crowbar or something to pop the edge of the cargo cover panel off. One advantage of NOT having power locks....there is no way to unlock the back hatch without my physical key...

I've heard that the clearance under the JL front seats is going to be a problem for aftermarket companies designing lock boxes for that space.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
One advantage of NOT having power locks....there is no way to unlock the back hatch without my physical key....
With power locks, the trunk will not unlock without the key fob after a time out period after you lock it. So 16 seconds after you lock your jeep, even if someone smashes the window (or reaches in with the top down) pressing the unlock button on the doors does not unlock the trunk.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Aries makes one for the JK. I emailed them about one for the JL, no response.
Sponsored