Sponsored

Locking gear box, or "topless storage"?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
My Jeep (2020 JLUS) won't be here for a few weeks but I'm trying to problem solve the storage problem. I tend to keep a backpack in a box with emergency stuff in my current truck. Extra sweater, shoes/socks/hat/gaiters, picnic blanket (emergency picnics happen!), axe, trekking poles (the only real thing of value) jumper cables, flares, etc. I imagine this will change with the Jeep to more items of value. Is there a lock box or something that can be secured to the back where I can keep these items safe from theft when I go topless? Not that any of these items have much value (except the poles), but it would be a royal pain to replace them all should they be stolen (and let's face it... it's pretty easy to reach in and grab a backpack).

How do you keep valuables safe in your Jeep when it's unsecured?
Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Thanks! I did consider that as an option, but I quite like the open look, and I don't want to lose the height (if possible). The top "lid, whatever) is removable, right? Also is the trail rail system required for this, and will it work with a tailgate shelf?

I will probably end up with this in the end, but first I would like to see some other options.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top