Lockers... whenever I want them.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Doesn’t the tazer 11.0.7 firmware give you this ability without any wiring needed?
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I'll stick with the Tazer...and I dont' have to use 2 aux switches..lol

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It will, but it’s not on the 11.0.7. It’s coming on the next release. I’m not sure what the locker setting is for on current firmware, but it doesn’t enable them.
It is in 11.0.7 as I am using them.........

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

y'all having trouble understanding what he did. hes got the "factory wiring harness that his rubicon came with all he did is run two "extra" two wire harnesses to the locker and capped them. so when he removes the factory harness that keeps you from using your lockers in 2H 4H he can plug in with the "Extra harness" and cap the factory harness allowing it to just be active when he pleases. this bypasses all safeties in the computer. this is a great solution you found @Roky i was curious on how i was going to wire up take off rubi axles but this solves that problem perfectly! ill be ordering that harness in a few weeks after i get my 8 switch pod installed! and tested out.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
F88EBA82-5C38-44D8-89E4-39453D516F92.jpeg
06D01ED7-E7E8-4C99-BAC4-07AF37B4E985.jpeg
Thanks to jl_john telling me about the Mopar locker wiring harness, I now have the ability to engage lockers in 2wd, 4 high, and 4 low. For those that asked “why would you” it’s great for going through sugar sand and mud in 4 high to get wheel spin and basically trail running with just rear locked in, you can get up over 20 mph without blowing up the engine. It’s a lot smoother when front and rear are locked as you don’t feel that brake dragging as the bld engaging and disengaging, and don’t have to worry about over heating the brakes. There is one small glitch, it throughs a dash code. For me, it’s not a big deal, at start up you get “service axle locker” then goes away, and a little chassis icon with exclamation point stays on over the fuel gauge. Hopefully the tazer will clear it. But for now I just leave factory wiring on and the other one capped off for daily driving.

I wish I had the same but I just wonder if the electrical plug is waterproof ?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had the same but I just wonder if the electrical plug is waterproof ?
The wiring harnesses are water proof, they are identical to the factory plugs, they have the same O ring on them.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all, that’s gotta help in the snow as well. I’m gonna try that out.

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Someone tried to tell me the lockers have to reengage when you switch from drive to reverse and vice versa. Does this sound right to anyone?

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Someone tried to tell me the lockers have to reengage when you switch from drive to reverse and vice versa. Does this sound right to anyone?
Starts at 14:17 in the electric locker portion. But the meat of what you were told is at 16:17. This IMO is the most succinct video to understanding lockers in general.

But to answer your question, yes it sounds right.

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Starts at 14:17 in the electric locker portion. But the meat of what you were told is at 16:17. This IMO is the most succinct video to understanding lockers in general.

But to answer your question, yes it sounds right.
It seems the slack is what they were talking about, the pins never come out but slamming on the skinny peddle back and forth in the mud can damage the gears and the pins.
Sponsored