Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
This is the ONLY one to go with. Fits all pistols and you can swap anytime you want to a different one or put a daggar on it too

https://sofhold.com/

inGodWeTrustBlackBacground_1080x.jpg

chicknwaffles

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 rubicon
The only proper answer here is on your person - never left unattended in the vehicle. AIWB works perfectly with cover garment lifted and seat belt behind the gun. Quick access but easy to be discrete if needed with a quick flip of the cover garment.

The proper answer is these guys can do what they want.

Adult games win adult prizes. What works for any individual is on them.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
This is the ONLY one to go with. Fits all pistols and you can swap anytime you want to a different one or put a daggar on it too

https://sofhold.com/

Jeep Wrangler JL La Pistola! Holder inGodWeTrustBlackBacground_1080x

Heck I put one on the passenger side and use it for a mount for my trail radio when using one. And no I'm not afflitated with them or any of that stuff. Just a good solid product.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I use this setup:

https://www.wpngear.com/product-page/jl-pistol-mount-2018

Holster provided is of decent quality, though I found it odd it ships in a left hand retention config when anyone using it will be drawing right handed with that mount. Reconfiguring the holster before install was annoying. The holster does fit my full-size M&P as well as compact.

As for those saying you should only carry IWB or whatever, that is all personal preference. Regardless of what you ultimately choose the MOST important thing is TRAIN. Practice drawing from a seated position. A lot.

Personally, I prefer the above location. Sixteen years in law enforcement experience here and I hate drawing from a seated position with a standard belt mounted duty holster. Same with a concealed IWB one. Itā€™s slow. I have switched to a hybrid thigh rig which is much, much easier to draw from when seated and under high stress, but for off duty carry I still use an IWB holster. I simply transfer my weapon to the vehicle holster when I am driving. Much more comfortable, very easy to draw, and is well hidden from viewing by other drivers.

Some folks may worry about accidentally leaving their weapon in it when exiting their vehicle. Itā€™ll happen, no one is perfect. Ask any cop if they have ever left their gun in the jail lockers and what happened when their training officer found outā€¦you learn real quick to double check that stuff šŸ˜‚

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Any good setups for around the drivers seat?

Thanks!
Big boys keep their pistol on themselves. They do enough research, experimenting and purchasing when it comes to gun, belt and holster so that they can drive comfortably.

If I'm going to do a lot of driving, I carry OWB at 3 o'clock. I can hardly tell its there.
If it's just running around normal driving, I don't make my carry decision based on driving.

Too many people don't seem to understand that there is an adjustment period when carrying anything other than a pocket pistol. It's not going to be comfortable in the beginning.

Though with modern guns like the P365X, giving you 12 rounds in an easily concealable and great shooting package, there really isn't much reason to go bigger. If you feel like you need more ammo carry a spare 17 round X-Macro mag.

Regardless of what you ultimately choose the MOST important thing is TRAIN. Practice drawing from a seated position. A lot.
You win the Internet.

As I'm sure you know the gun world is as full of minimally experienced equipment whores as the Jeep world; people who try to substitute fancy hardware for good "software".

The first time I shot a pistol from inside a car I nearly vomited. I was in a training class and was fortunately doubled up. I drove up, drew, and shot through the open window. Because the muzzle was still inside the car the concussion was insane. Of course that was during my .357 Sig phase. Ha. I'm left handed so going that way is easy.

I have an old friend who is a detective who wears an ankle holster. If he's driving for a long time, when off duty, he switches his G19 from IWB to ankle. It actually makes a lot of sense in that it's quick to draw and totally comfortable. Though I'm not so sure about how wise it is to move a loaded gun without a manual safety around from holster to holster inside car.

Last edited:

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Here is my custom setup after seeing a few posts from the links provided earlier.
Jeep Wrangler JL La Pistola! Holder Gun 1
Jeep Wrangler JL La Pistola! Holder Gun 2

Reactions: DGT

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Having (Legally) carried a weapon daily for the past 37 years I am continually amazed by the risky behavior Iā€™ve seen and read about. Whatever you do, however you choose to carry (1) keep your weapon under your direct control OR locked up ALWAYS (you do NOT want a local thug getting your weapon because You made a mistake) and (2) be very careful how you handle a loaded weapon, esp in the closed environment of a vehicle. Holstering/upholstering a weapon (esp one of the plastic wondernines with the flipper on the trigger being the Only safety) creates a potential for serious problems. If anything (shirttail?) gets inside the trigger guard a negligent discharge can occur. If youā€™re AIWB youā€™ve just shot yourself in the femoral artery. If youā€™re sitting in the parking lot of a hospital trauma center you could still bleed out before you could get help. Anywhere else, youā€™re dead. Do what you will, but please THINK and be EXTRA careful when youā€™re in a vehicle. NDā€™s are caused by carelessness or disregarding the basic rules of safe gun handling. Donā€™t be ā€œthat guyā€.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Now that Iā€™ve been using the Wpngear mount/holster for a few months I have some observations for anyone considering this setup:

- Super easy to draw from and for those of us in law enforcement who are used to a semi drop down thigh holster, this is a very, very easy transition that requires very little muscle memory to adapt to

- This thing will tear up your pants if they are made of any material that is semi soft (IE suit pants). I may try wrapping the outside with some neoprene or satin.

- Holster itself is meh. I may cannibalize a kydex one to mount up instead.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
- Holster itself is meh. I may cannibalize a kydex one to mount up instead.
Please post if you do. I absolutely hate nylon holsters with a passion and wasn't sure how easy/difficult it would be to make a rigid kydex holster work with this particular mount.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Please post if you do. I absolutely hate nylon holsters with a passion and wasn't sure how easy/difficult it would be to make a rigid kydex holster work with this particular mount.
Iā€™m looking at G-code. The mount itself can be drilled out no problem. Their RTI mount should work perfectly with longer hardware I bet.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/osh-black-fuzz/
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD