Koons Roll Call and updates 2022 orders

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Interesting, the banks we used would take the reserve money back, but that was 20+ years ago. Friends in the business said it hasn't changed much, with the exception of the salesman getting hosed even more now.

If I were to get a good enough deal I would keep the loan for the three months and then pay it off.
No idea. But when I was there even the finance manager told me to just refinance it once I got the welcome packet (account number) so If she said that I assume they’ll be fine.
Sponsored

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon 2008 Liberty 88 E-150
No idea. But when I was there even the finance manager told me to just refinance it once I got the welcome packet (account number) so If she said that I assume they’ll be fine.
It could have been a new bank doing business with them, with different rules. But in all honesty I don't know. The majority of people keep a loan a lot longer than three months, so if the bank loses a little every once in a blue moon I guess they can deal with it.

I should be in the market for a 2023 JL Rubicon in a few months and looking for a good dealer in the Tampa area. Hopefully I can find one.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
It could have been a new bank doing business with them, with different rules. But in all honesty I don't know. The majority of people keep a loan a lot longer than three months, so if the bank loses a little every once in a blue moon I guess they can deal with it.

I should be in the market for a 2023 JL Rubicon in a few months and looking for a good dealer in the Tampa area. Hopefully I can find one.
Yeah I mean the rate was double than what I got with my credit union so refinance was a no brainer. Not paying over 5% for a car loan.
I would consider Koons, could always ship it. With the savings they offer it’ll more than cover the shipping. Craig, Brain and Bella were really great to work with. Easy transaction.

demarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubicon 2008 Liberty 88 E-150
Yeah I mean the rate was double than what I got with my credit union so refinance was a no brainer. Not paying over 5% for a car loan.
I would consider Koons, could always ship it. With the savings they offer it’ll more than cover the shipping. Craig, Brain and Bella were really great to work with. Easy transaction.
I'd probably deal with them if they had a sister store in the Tampa area.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
Good luck refinancing in the first 30 days after purchase. Koons plays this game where they don't submit the paperwork for the title until the LAST day that the State will allow them to submit the paperwork. For Maryland, that is 30 days after purchase. Without even a title number, you won't be able to refinance. It is just another nudge they are giving to make it harder for you to get out of the loan in a timely manner before their 3 month timer goes off.

Sponsored

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Good luck refinancing in the first 30 days after purchase. Koons plays this game where they don't submit the paperwork for the title until the LAST day that the State will allow them to submit the paperwork. For Maryland, that is 30 days after purchase. Without even a title number, you won't be able to refinance. It is just another nudge they are giving to make it harder for you to get out of the loan in a timely manner before their 3 month timer goes off.
Hi, i already refinanced, and the old loan is already paid off. Whatever the title work that goes on the background i guess my credit union will sort out. But my loan now lives with my credit union. Maybe different with banks but with my credit union it was very easy.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, i already refinanced, and the old loan is already paid off. Whatever the title work that goes on the background i guess my credit union will sort out. But my loan now lives with my credit union. Maybe different with banks but with my credit union it was very easy.
My original loan is at Navy Federal at 2.79% and I'm moving to Tower Federal CU at 2.49%. Tower won't move forward without a title number. I picked up my Jeep on May 7th, and called Koons earlier this week and they weren't planning on submitting my title/tags paperwork until yesterday June 2nd.

I guess some banks/CUs do let you refinance without the title number.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
My original loan is at Navy Federal at 2.79% and I'm moving to Tower Federal CU at 2.49%. Tower won't move forward without a title number. I picked up my Jeep on May 7th, and called Koons earlier this week and they weren't planning on submitting my title/tags paperwork until yesterday June 2nd.

I guess some banks/CUs do let you refinance without the title number.
Thats surprising, why do they wait so long?
No wonder i haven't gotten my registration yet. I have been trying to get answers on my registration and today they gave me an email address to a tag person to reach out to. Where did you get the info on the June 2nd date if you don't mind me asking?

And yeah i guess some banks/CU have different requirements.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats surprising, why do they wait so long?
No wonder i haven't gotten my registration yet. I have been trying to get answers on my registration and today they gave me an email address to a tag person to reach out to. Where did you get the info on the June 2nd date if you don't mind me asking?

And yeah i guess some banks/CU have different requirements.
I also received the email address for the tag manager and sent an email and never received a response. I ended up calling the Koons main number and asking for the "Tag Mananger" and was able to talk to them about it. They indicated they were going to submit the title/tag paperwork and FedEx my Maryland Tags to me on Thursday to be received Today. I mean my VA temporary tags expire on Monday.

Edit: Permanent Tags via FedEx received precisely 30 days after pickup. The day the VA temporary tags expired.

Last edited:

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Ordered 2/23 and “scheduled“ since 5/4. Dang FCA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Yikes - has dealing with Koons been bad? I was just about to give them a call but it seems like many of you are having problems with them.

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes - has dealing with Koons been bad? I was just about to give them a call but it seems like many of you are having problems with them.
Ordering was great.

Build delays are not Koons fault.

Financing woes can be solved by bringing your own financing.

Registration and Tag delays, while unprofessional and annoying, were within the legal limit and can be solved with patience.

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Ordering was great.

Build delays are not Koons fault.

Financing woes can be solved by bringing your own financing.

Registration and Tag delays, while unprofessional and annoying, were within the legal limit and can be solved with patience.
Totally agree with all points above. The process was very easy with Koons and Craig/Brian/Bella are super responsive.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Deliered. Picking it up next week since they are 3.5 hours from me and it came during a crazy time in my schedule. I do worry about the financing part. 5% interest is a lot. Waiting 3 months to refinance through my credit union is a long time in the current Market with the Fed starting to raise interest rates. Also does dumping the loan that fast or faster bring down your credit score? Typically paying a loan off that early does from what ive seen. I still have little * next to my credit report from getting out of loans too early years later.
Sponsored

Attachments