Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
GM silently put an update out that changed their vehicles so that if you leave it running without the fob in the car and in park after 1 hour it shuts down. If you leave the fob IN the car with it running, it will shutoff after 2 hours. I'd prefer Jeep leave it the F alone. If you are so stupid you leave your Jeep running and go in the house, that's just Darwin fixing the glitch.
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
GM silently put an update out that changed their vehicles so that if you leave it running without the fob in the car and in park after 1 hour it shuts down. If you leave the fob IN the car with it running, it will shutoff after 2 hours. I'd prefer Jeep leave it the F alone. If you are so stupid you leave your Jeep running and go in the house, that's just Darwin fixing the glitch.
THATS GOOD

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Whats wrong after say 30 mins it shuts off ? at least it could save a life if someone leaves it running in the garage because its a rental and that were not used to this. 30 mins is plenty too shut off.
They could just wire in a carbon monoxide detector into the vehicle high levels first sets a warning, then shuts down automatically.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I thought I was the only one to do this. I was on a hike for about 2 hours on a cold January day and returned to an unexpected warm jeep. All locked up and running. Since then I've caught myself several times not shutting it down. It appears that I am absent mindlessly pushing the radio button.
check the internet. People are dying by leaving cars running in attached garages.
Yes they are especially in rental vehicles that they are not used to driving a vehicles with this on it. so they dont remember because 1 day or less. some people have picked it up from the dealr rental or a loaner from the dealer and gone straight and not used to forgot .if a mommy or daddy with a new baby can forget and leave a baby in a car this for sure can happen. dont judge them because i did at first but then saw the story's on it and how it happened. It can happen and no i never did and mine are 17 now

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
If you can’t hear a running engine, there are at least two options. Get hearing aids, or glance at the tachometer.
Some people have never had this and just picked up a loaner or rental and are not used to this feature. if a person can leave a baby in a car they can forget this and not know if they have never had this do. it could be east at first when i got my JL i had to remind my self i my head all day push the button. that lady that killed half her family by leaving it running in her garage didn't mean to do t. she had just left the dealer in a rental. that dont over this with use and remind people about this feature om the rental or loaner

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
They could just wire in a carbon monoxide detector into the vehicle high levels first sets a warning, then shuts down automatically.
...and everyone should have a CO2 detector in their house.

But I still prefer a traditional ignition key slot type switch. I just don't see the "conveniences" of a pushbutton switch outweighing the downsides.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
...and everyone should have a CO2 detector in their house.

But I still prefer a traditional ignition key slot type switch. I just don't see the "conveniences" of a pushbutton switch outweighing the downsides.
I really don't care for the push start myself either. And I do have those monitors in my house I bought two and the messed up and sent me to cases I didn't pay any extra youth KSAT 12 so I got 24 of them and they're the good ones my kiddie. I put one in every hallway every room in my house so they will wake us up if nothing happens cuz they are freaking loud I know that
Sponsored