Sponsored

Key Fob Light Stays on

kericson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
After changing the battery on my remote start key fob doesn't fully work -- I can start the car with the fob inside (not needing it to touch the start button), but no other functions on the fob work and the red LED on the fob stays lit. 2018 JLU Saraha. Ideas?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@kericson I've followed this JL forum for 2 yrs. now and have seen no one post about a JL fob behaving exactly as your is.

If you haven't done so already, remove the battery from that fob and then put the battery back in and see if the fob still does not work correctly. Maybe even try a different battery.

After doing this, if the fob still stays lit, etc., then there is not much more you can do, then stop by the stealership Service Department and have them write it up and get you a new fob.

When they have/get the replacement fob, they will need the other fob you have, as they will need to reprogram both . SO, bring your spare fob with you to the stealership!

I had the remote start button on one of my JL's fobs stop working after a year of use. That fob was replaced under warranty.

Note: Not sure if you got that fob wet, ran it thru the washing machine, etc. but that might be the cause of the fob light staying on, etc.. IF so, when you go to the stealership, deny getting the fob wet if they ask you, etc.. Just say it just stopped working right. Stealership will always replace a problematic fob without giving you grief, just don't volunteer you did something that would impact negatively, the warranty on it.

gbcaboose

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I've got the same issue. 2018 JL, starts but the door lock/unlock and remote start doesn't work. I changed the battery but the results are the same, and now the red LED stays on. Has anyone solved this since the original post in 2020

gbcaboose

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
I think I figured out what the issue was. When I took the "button cover" off to see if any of the buttons were stuck, I noticed some moisture (not much at all) in the fob. I left the button cover and the rear cover off over night, and even used a blow drier on medium for about a minute. It seems to work fine now. I guess someone in the family dropped it in some water or sent it through the wash, but no one's fessing up as of yet. well at least the Fob's working now.

Mike
Sponsored