Sponsored

Key fob is low quality.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I have ZERO issues with the key fob. I like the key fob.
Sponsored

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
The key constantly flipping open in my poket is my only real concern. Day #2 I opened the key fob and removed the key blade. I also removed the alarm button. The second key fob is untouched.

Not the best option, but cheap and functionnal for what I need.

I may buy a holster for the second one.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I may shave my key "switchblade" button down a bit so it doesn't protrude so far, as mine always pops open too, whether in my pocket or in my door handle sill.. :o

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
Here is my solution to the problem of the switchblade key opening in my pocket. I found these t
20180918_092848.jpg
actical rubber bands on Amazon. They work great. It even gives you a little bit of a sense of where your buttons are as you reach in your pocket to access your fob. These are not normal rubber bands. They are made for outdoor application and are often used in stowing gear for camping. I purchased a pack of 30 for about $8. Granted, I only needed one but it's nice to have them and I'm sure I can find other uses for them. Very happy with this quick fix.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Here is my solution to the problem of the switchblade key opening in my pocket. I found these t
20180918_092848.jpg
actical rubber bands on Amazon. They work great. It even gives you a little bit of a sense of where your buttons are as you reach in your pocket to access your fob. These are not normal rubber bands. They are made for outdoor application and are often used in stowing gear for camping. I purchased a pack of 30 for about $8. Granted, I only needed one but it's nice to have them and I'm sure I can find other uses for them. Very happy with this quick fix.
If color isn’t a concern, you can just buy a bunch of fresh broccoli at the grocery store. I have several of those rubber bands stored away for times that I need a small, strong rubber band.

Sponsored

tluke

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, Mercedes ML550, Corvette, Polaris Slingshot & Honda CRF250L
20180918_092848.jpg
The bands I purchased are Ranger Bands (medium) they are 1.5 " long when flattened and are .5" wide.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
20180918_092848.jpg
U could sell for $1 shipped to fellow JL’ers.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
It's big and boxy like the jeep. Have you noticed that it is the shape of a "jerry can"?

Why do they call it a jerry can?
Second World War. Western desert army slang for German liquid containers; hence 'jerry cans'. The allied army used them in preference to the army issue as the jerry can's ribbed design made it less prone to leaking in the onerous conditions.

213243m6_ts.jpg
I was today years old when I learned that it was shaped like a Jerry Can
Sponsored