Just Venting - Problem With Quadratec

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I realize companies end up responsible for their shipment, but they have no control over the shipping company, nor the shipping companies towards their employees. Eventually, jobs and contracts are lost, but it doesnt change or correct shipment damage. The more the companies have a hard time filling-up jobs, the less employee screening and quality matters.

If they kept a tight quality control, they’d have less employees and shipments would take forever to show-up to destination.

When I order from the States, I insist on shipment through USPS.
Sponsored

FINN 2.0

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR. 1979 Ford 150.
Looks like the box was destroyed and shrunk wrapped up by the by the carrier not Quadratec.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I ordered a front bumper for my wife’s Jeep from Quadratec. The first one arrived with a big crease in the bull bar. I called and had no problem receiving a shipping label, and they sent a replacement bumper.

The second bumper arrived in a box so damn beat up it was COMPLETELY covered in tape! I cut it open, and that bumper was so scratched, dented, and banged up it looks like a well-used bumper! WTH!

I called again, and again they are sending a third bumper. If this one is also banged up, we will be going with a different company/bumper. I’m shocked and dismayed at the extreme lack of quality control. I understood Quadratec to have an excellent reputation. This is my first time ordering from them.

Photos below. I didn’t bother with taking pics of the second bumper, except for the dent on the bull bar of that one too. I did take photos of the box the second one arrived in. By the way, you can see where a shipping label had been cut off the end of the box. I’m not the first to receive the second bumper.

D046B124-CC83-455B-916F-A5FE909264E4.jpeg

3994640D-637E-407F-BCAC-A393AC0D3858.jpeg

74A71758-8109-4522-A11C-92CE348C35E0.jpeg

ACF68592-1F83-4959-B3DB-597B115A0BEE.jpeg

297830BD-097C-4830-ACF6-3251E528F11B.jpeg

13F2559B-D713-4544-B179-E75C57C812BA.jpeg

Hey Jeff!

I am very sorry to hear about that! This is not what we like to see here at Quadratec! I can assure you we always sell and ship out brand new items, and only brand new. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the 3rd, as I'm hoping you do not. I would definitely agree with some of the people in the thread, that the shipper can beat up products in the process of shipping. However, that is no excuse for us. Please send me a private message and I can further assist you with this issue.

Please let me know if I can help anyone else as well.

Thank you,

Savanna
Quadratec

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jeff!

I am very sorry to hear about that! This is not what we like to see here at Quadratec! I can assure you we always sell and ship out brand new items, and only brand new. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the 3rd, as I'm hoping you do not. I would definitely agree with some of the people in the thread, that the shipper can beat up products in the process of shipping. However, that is no excuse for us. Please send me a private message and I can further assist you with this issue.

Please let me know if I can help anyone else as well.

Thank you,

Savanna
Quadratec
Thank you ma’am! One of your good folks hooked me up with a discount due to the issues. I know you have a new batch out on the water that could arrive in about a month, so I am confident y’all will send a perfect bumper when you can.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Thank you ma’am! One of your good folks hooked me up with a discount due to the issues. I know you have a new batch out on the water that could arrive in about a month, so I am confident y’all will send a perfect bumper when you can.

If you need anything please reach out! I'm very glad our rep as able to hook you up!

Have a great day!

Savanna

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It is sad. @Quadratec had always been my go to, one stop shop for Jeep parts ever since my YJ days. I may still use them in the future but they will no longer be the 1st option (sorry Ted). Last month I ordered an @ARB4X4 compressor bracket from them. Unlike other resellers that put on their website warnings that a product might be out of stock or ship late, there wasn't anything on the Quadratec site that suggested that the part wasn't available. The fact that they pulled 100% of the cost out of bank account the day after I ordered it also lead me to believe that they had the part ready to ship or had confirmed from the mfg that the part was available and ready to ship.

Two days later I get an email from Ronald at Quadratec that said,
"Good News! I got an ETA from the vendor, your order has an ETA of 5-1-2023."
5-1-2023 is 35 days after the order was placed and 34 days after Quadratec took my money so FYI Ronald, that IS NOT "Good News!"

Since I could get the exact ARB support off of Amazon within 4 days for $9.30 cheaper I requested to cancel the order with Quadratec.

I was then told by Ira at Quadratec that the,
"time frame for the money to be credited to my bank will be 4 to 7 business days."​

FYI Ira, it's now been well over 7 days and still no refund.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
It is sad. @Quadratec had always been my go to, one stop shop for Jeep parts ever since my YJ days. I may still use them in the future but they will no longer be the 1st option (sorry Ted). Last month I ordered an @ARB4X4 compressor bracket from them. Unlike other resellers that put on their website warnings that a product might be out of stock or ship late, there wasn't anything on the Quadratec site that suggested that the part wasn't available. The fact that they pulled 100% of the cost out of bank account the day after I ordered it also lead me to believe that they had the part ready to ship or had confirmed from the mfg that the part was available and ready to ship.

Two days later I get an email from Ronald at Quadratec that said,
"Good News! I got an ETA from the vendor, your order has an ETA of 5-1-2023."
5-1-2023 is 35 days after the order was placed and 34 days after Quadratec took my money so FYI Ronald, that IS NOT "Good News!"

Since I could get the exact ARB support off of Amazon within 4 days for $9.30 cheaper I requested to cancel the order with Quadratec.

I was then told by Ira at Quadratec that the,
"time frame for the money to be credited to my bank will be 4 to 7 business days."​

FYI Ira, it's now been well over 7 days and still no refund.
Hello!

I am very sorry to hear about the inconvenience this order has caused you. Please message me with your order number, and I will take a look at what is holding up the refund. I would be happy to resolve this for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Rebecca
Sponsored