Sponsored

Anyone know whats going on with Quadratec?

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Had an order on back order since July of last year, canceled it and had a $200 credit, now trying to spend that credit and man, I am playing more phone tag that any one person should ever be subjected too. None of my past orders or credit shows online, when I eventually do get through on the phone, after like an hour hold time, they cant help and say they will call me back, well, I am currently sitting waiting on another return call. Crazy. Driving me NUTS!!!
According to my dealer’s parts guy, Quadratec cannot charge more than Mopar on Mopar part that it sells. Yet the price for the Rubicon steel bumper that I just bought (from the dealer) was $100 less than the Quadratec price. Beware.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
So, todays update

First call: called back the rep that gave me her number, and just like those numbers I used to get in the bar from various women, went to voicemail and never got a call back.

Second call: Got through really quick, maybe 10 minutes, got another Rep who actually seemed to know what he was talking about, had my credit on record, and in a total curve ball, the part that started me on this fantastic journey, the quadratec JLU cab cover showed back in stock! Miracle of miracles, anyway placed my order, 3 items total, slightly over my $200 credit, gave them my credit card for the balance, rep says everything went through, looked great, all in stock in PA and will ship today should have them by Wed this week and I will receive an email with confirmation shortly. Nice, score, and finally!!!!

Well, 4 hours go by, no email, no pending on my CC for the balance, nothing. So I decide to give them a call back before they close for the day.

Third call: Easy hour hold time till I got through to a rep, tell him my tale of woe, he goes through my orders and says he sees it, a wreath for my Jeep I ordered in November, tell him no........., this was today for 3 items, I hear him clicking away for about 5 minutes, finally he finds my order, says yeah, everything looks good, I will have it send out another confirmation email. Great thanks, preciate it, making progress.

No here I sit, 2 hours after that last call, no email, no pending charge on the CC. Guess I will be calling back tomorrow. Dang cover will probably be out of stock by then again!!!

rshawn3908

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Had an order on back order since July of last year, canceled it and had a $200 credit, now trying to spend that credit and man, I am playing more phone tag that any one person should ever be subjected too. None of my past orders or credit shows online, when I eventually do get through on the phone, after like an hour hold time, they cant help and say they will call me back, well, I am currently sitting waiting on another return call. Crazy. Driving me NUTS!!!
After 3 jeeps and 1000's of dollars spent with them I am officially done with Quadratec. I can't get anyone on the phone and they wont return my number. They use to be my go-to place to buy everything and now they just flat out suck!

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
May 16, 2021 I placed an order for an "in stock" product. Some time in early October the order was cancelled without notifying me.

When I contacted them to see what was up they offered no explanation, apologized, and welcomed me to buy a competing product that was in stock. I explained I did not need a welcome to buy another product and that I was only interested in the product I ordered... the reason why I ordered it.

I ended up purchasing direct from the manufacturer and receiving it in about a week. I should have gone direct to begin with.
Looks like i need to cross quad off my jeep list and find my cover elsewhere...

Sponsored

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Having some issues with them lately. Some orders came through just fine, but have one that's hung up...took forever to get someone on chat, and they were useless and told me to call customer service. Said there was a 'payment issue' and wouldn't offer any additional information...asked when Quadratec was going to let ME know about that and got nothing.....and of course been on hold for an hour on the phone w/ them....

UPDATE: Finally got through to a person. Probably no surprise that the new ordering system had mussed things up. She deleted the old order and put in a new one with the old prices, so fingers crossed....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May have actually made a little (very), headway today, may have even actually been able to place and order for an in stock item!

In talking to the rep I had on the phone today, probably about the 10th different person I have talked to, she said that I had 2 different "types" of credits on my account, one was a straight credit, the balance of a gift certificate never used, and the second was a canceled order, she said the canceled order credit was the one messing me up.

Said I could use the one part of my credit and I should have no issue, so I cut my order down to one item (the cab cover that started this whole journey) and used my credit, with a CC payment for the small balance, order placed, received a confirmation and order number and the pending hit my CC.

Not totally satisfied yet as they are still sitting on the bigger part of my credit, but the main thing I wanted for topless season was the cab cover, the other items I can wait a bit on.

After this last week and half to put in an order, I am gonna chill for a bit, wait till I actually receive my cab cover before going any further, hopefully they can pull their heads out of their posterior by then.

If this is truly all related to a systems change, I hope they have some monetary contingencies from their vendor built in and they use that to have a hell of a sale when all said and done. I can't imaging the commerce this has cost them, they are going to have to do some real soul searching to bring back customers. From talking to so many reps over the last week or so, I know the frustrations both internally and externally are off the charts.

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did QuadraTec get bought out, or is it imploding over the Usual Suspects " Supply Chain " blame ?
The story they are selling is a massive "systems" overhaul, but having lived through a few overhauls like this myself, I'd guess someone(s), somewhere, screwed up bigtime and is most likely hitting up unemployment about now.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Other than a few days around presidents day when they upgraded their system or whatever and I couldn't get through on phones, I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

In fact, I had a bigger issue with Morris 4x4 when i ordered an AEV lift that showed in stock. I ordered it in October or November, said it would arrive in December and never did. I called and was told they had no expected ship date. I canceled the order, found it at quadratec and received it the same week.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I have received most quadratec orders within a couple days. I'm in the southwest, maybe those warehouses do better.

Just few weeks ago i ordered a rigged ridge hd tailgate hinge that showed up within a couple days, but was out of stock on many other sites. The part was defective. I contacted them and they began a warranty claim right away. Later, they told me they could just refund it if I would rather do that and sent me the FedEx return label a couple days later.

I've really only good things to say about quadratec, but sad to hear that's not everyone's experience.

They will continue to get my business unless I have horrible service in the future, but so far for me they've been great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got tracking on the order I placed the other day for the cab cover. I haven't been this excited since my first child was born...........

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I just got tracking on the order I placed the other day for the cab cover. I haven't been this excited since my first child was born...........
I know the feeling, I whooped when I saw extreme terrain shipped my CAI this week (in stock when I purchased two weeks ago, marked backordered to 5/2 last week) and my wife gave me a look 😅

hawjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
The following is the email response I from Quadratec today for the support email I sent ~ 2 weeks ago.

Note: I removed the last line of the message because it contained name.
Hey there,
I apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to a recent system migration we underwent, all orders using PayPal as the payment method have to be cancelled and re-ordered by the customer.
The PayPal couldn't be captured and didn't migrate correctly.
I have cancelled this for you, please feel free to place an order again.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience sincerely.

Thank you for your time and patience.

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, just a quick update, I did receive my cab cover!!! Great day in the morning!!!! Of course it's 24 degrees out today, so I won't need it immediately, but I def wanted it before the summer time comes as I plan on taking my top off and leaving it off as much as possible.

However, they still have not straightened out my larger credit, something like $150. I gave up calling every day as I get the same old answer, now calling like every 2 or 3 days, everytime I call they promise me they will have it straightened out by end of day today, and..........it never happens.

They always say they have to kick it up to a manager and apparently that manager never does anything. They say it's sitting there, they can see it, just cant use it as it's in the old system, and has to be ported over to the new system so I can use it. Really doesn't sound like a major hurdle, but I don't know the intricacies of the systems of course.

Really frustrating as this has been going on for literally weeks, more than a month actually. I am afraid they may have lost a customer in me, and that sucks as they are local to me and I always try to support local. I'm going to have a real hard time doing so after this, especially since they don't even seem to be interested in escalating this to get it taken care of, just worried about new orders, that you can do in a flash.
Sponsored