OP

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Generally the math doesn't work to pay a premium up front to get a higher resale value on the back end.
Also, "generally" you're right. But this isn't a general car or wrangler for that matter. Its like a Rolex and if they don't flood the market with them in 22 and 23 it'll be a nice investment purchase
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Also, "generally" you're right. But this isn't a general car or wrangler for that matter. Its like a Rolex and if they don't flood the market with them in 22 and 23 it'll be a nice investment purchase
I hate to tell you this but unless it's an exotic/supercar buying a new vehicle is never a wise investment. These aren't going to retain any more value than any other Wrangler. The good news is Wranglers retain their value better than almost any vehicle or there, but it's still far from an investment. Unless you get a significant discount under invoice it will be worth less than you paid for it the day you drive it home. Sorry to piss on your party.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
No Jeep is worth more that 60k, hell I don’t think I’d pay over 50k. I’d rather dump that cash into a muscle car build, or some land outside of California.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I agree to take what you can get, and if someone will pay it why not ask X dollars over sticker. I’m just not a believer in it. That’s a short term thing. My opinion is do sticker, and earn a repeat customer that will also send other people to you, excuse you treated them fairly. That will make you a lot more than the one time $20k over sticker. I’ve got customers that have bought 30 plus vehicles from me. I think I made more than if I would’ve charged them over sticker on the first car they bought from me and never seen them again. A fools money as the saying goes, and yes I would sell my Jeep if someone offered me $20k over value, but that’s not the same thing. Taking advantage cause you have the only one in the area is wrong. I’m sure I’ll raise the haters, but that’s just how I feel about. I’m in the customer service business. Not the customer ripoff.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
If they sale them they will make more, way more. That's the business.
I bought into the 1999 Ford Lightning SVT. Ford said less than 4000 truck and that was it...... We all know how that turned out.. $5k over MSRP out the window...... Never again. Still a cool truck, but never pay over sticker.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
One other thing - while the 392 is awesome it will likely pale in comparison to upcoming EVs. Look at the Rivian or Hummer. That’s the next generation...a lot more torque and HP; in 5 years the Wrangler better have a 500 hp electric option with a 400 mile range....and soon thereafter the 392 will be a relic. Don’t overpay....

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I would buy and all electric Rubicon. Especially if it could send power to all 4 wheels if you wanted it to. It would be an ultimate off road Jeep. Dual motors, ability to have full locked power to all 4 wheels, and about a 400 mile range. If it was about $60-65,000. Sign me up. Oh, don’t forget some sort of level 4 self driving cruise like GM’s super cruise.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Something tells me at some point we see a Hellcat Rubi. Technology always moves forward not back. After the 392, another manufacturer will up the game. Look how fast they delivered on this with the Bronco release. The next few years will be a wild ride.

bnapton

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
After contacting the majority of dealers in California, I decided to order a Wrangler 392 Snazberry from Paul in WA. This is my dream Jeep, but call me crazy for ordering a Wrangler without knowing the price. I'm still living on a budget so hopefully, the price isn't too much higher than the current Rubicon.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It's definitely a no-buy for me, but I don't think it's gonna be over 70k. Even with wrangler prices creeping up, I think FCA realizes there's a point where they're not gonna sell enough of the trim to justify production.

I think OP represents most people that around 65k would be as high as they're willing to go for this. I think it'll be right around there, 65-70k.

Sponsored

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
My thoughts too.

At least for me, the Rubicon I already bought was probably way overkill for my uses. There's no way I'd ever be able to justify the 392.

Looks cool though and if somebody is really into off-roading and has the change to throw around, more power to them :)

It's definitely a no-buy for me, but I don't think it's gonna be over 70k. Even with wrangler prices creeping up, I think FCA realizes there's a point where they're not gonna sell enough of the trim to justify production.

I think OP represents most people that around 65k would be as high as they're willing to go for this. I think it'll be right around there, 65-70k.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Congrats first of all. I too hope it is over $75k then it makes me not want one so bad and just wait to do an engine swap on mine later. So much headache to sell current one and then rebuild the new up to what I like and want.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

blackx5

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I can confirm there is no pricing available. Orders are being placed with deposits (2-3 max allotment per dealer). We get to pick what options we want but all prices are blacked out in the system. Most can get deposit back if not happy with pricing when it becomes available. Seems like FCA is banking on the shorten supply with heightened demand strategy or “exclusivity concept”. I took a shot. Will see how it pans out.
This is the first post that is correct!