Sponsored

Just got my 2022 392 Extreme recon. Sarge green.

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
So I ordered 12/14/21 and I just got it on Friday, so far I am loving this thing it is the extreme recon, with half doors, sky one touch roof and front trail cam. Also got gorilla glass which at this point may not be better than the original windshield, According to posts I’ve read. So I ordered almost 8 months ago, it took a really long time but it was worth it. I purchased it price protected, the original build price was 88K the current windshield sticker is 93K. These things are pricey for sure.

DED07B36-FD3B-4A9F-8103-9AFCA4E9D1B2.jpeg

9AD9BBD7-C76F-47F7-9D4A-00ED406C87FF.jpeg
Sponsored

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat
Beautiful! Congrats! Good things are always worth the wait.

Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
Looks fantastic!! While it's brand new, get it ceramic coated - it will not only REALLY bring out the shine, it reduces that "orange peel" look on typical Jeep paint jobs. If you get a three coat job done, it will also reduce all the usual scrapes - they just wipe off.

OP
OP

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
Looks fantastic!! While it's brand new, get it ceramic coated - it will not only REALLY bring out the shine, it reduces that "orange peel" look on typical Jeep paint jobs. If you get a three coat job done, it will also reduce all the usual scrapes - they just wipe off.
Yes, I plan on getting it coated. Does the coating help with usual trail scrapes ?

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Yes, I plan on getting it coated. Does the coating help with usual trail scrapes ?
Obviously it will depend on the sharpness and hardness of the object doing the scraping, but it will definitely help with minor things like small branches and twigs.

If you're able and willing, doing a ceramic yourself is not hard at all. It's a long day of elbow grease, but when shops quoted me over $2000 to ceramic my Gladiator, I decided it was worth learning to do myself with $50 of supplies from Amazon.

Sponsored

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ceramic will definitely help with some scrapes - it won't help if you scrape up against rocks, but the usual pin stripes that come from branches and brush come right off. It does depend on what you have applied, and how many coats. I had three coats of Ceramic Pro done, and so far it's worked great. It comes with a ten year warranty, and the total cost (including the wheels and windows) was $1400 with tip. There were places that were more expensive, and some that were less expensive, but the shop I brought it to had the best reputation. Here's a link with more information: https://ceramicpro.com/

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Congrats! I love my Sarge 392, and I'm jealous I couldn't get the Recon when I ordered in 2021. One thing, everyone is into the ceramic coatings, its important to know what they do and don't do: "Ceramic Coatings (any brand) really aren't meant for protection. Maybe very minor scratches will wipe away but typically Ceramic Coatings are geared more for ease of maintenance and increase appearance." Nothing wrong with that at all, but it's not for trail rash.

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! I love my Sarge 392, and I'm jealous I couldn't get the Recon when I ordered in 2021. One thing, everyone is into the ceramic coatings, its important to know what they do and don't do: "Ceramic Coatings (any brand) really aren't meant for protection. Maybe very minor scratches will wipe away but typically Ceramic Coatings are geared more for ease of maintenance and increase appearance." Nothing wrong with that at all, but it's not for trail rash.
Good point - the main reason I got it was to avoid having to wax the Jeep (I just don't have the time or energy anymore). The side benefits are that bird turds and bug splats don't damage the paint, and I can pretty much just hose the Jeep down and 95% of the mud and dust comes right off.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised that pin striping from crashing through heavy brush just came off with their detail spray and a microfiber cloth. I'm sure heavier scratches would go right through the stuff.

The ideal setup is to do the front and sides with PPF and ceramic on top of it - but when looking at the price of all that, it might be easier to just do paint correction or a re-spray on damaged areas.

OP
OP

SargeRubi3.0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 Rubicon Xr.
I had my car (2022 gt500) ceramic coated with gtechniq crystal serum ultra, and it works great as far as washing, gloss and staying clean. I have been thinking of doing the jeep

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I have Sarge Green and I think it looks great on The 392 with the bronze/gold accents.

Congrats!!
Sponsored