Sponsored

JLU Premium Black Soft Top Back Window Sag

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Here are the pics, let me know what you think. I will probably take it to the dealer this weekend and have them take a look at what might be causing this.

Back Window.jpg

Left Back Window Tab.jpg

Back Door.jpg
Interesting, it almost looks like it was left out under the sun or some intensely hot source and melted the plastic window panel a bit.

Maybe the dealer might be able to replace just that panel if you bring it in.
Sponsored

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
could be a long shot but maybe see if anyone near you has one as well and try their window to see if the same thing happens?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Here's what my standard soft top looks like.

back_window.jpg

OP
OP
Kilowatt76

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I have the exact phenomena as @mgrowc1. My back window is not sagging but the left clip won't stay inserted. No interference w/ the tailgate.
It looks likes these new premium soft tops have some issues. I just afraid over time my back window will form to that shape and the tail gate will destroy the bottom of the back window.

OP
OP
Kilowatt76

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU

back_window.jpg

back_window.jpg
I guess it's just the premium soft tops? I also noticed, my left bottom window retainer is loose and does not seat snug as the right side. To the dealer I go.

Sponsored

k9chita

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Had this problem initially. After removing the hard top and putting the soft top on. I realized that I accidentally pulled the lowering lever on the top when the top was in the up position (latch at the back driver side of top). This caused the back of the top to drop about a 1/2" and my windows sagged. I removed all the windows, pulled the top back down and put it back up, making sure to not touch that lever and problem went away after re-installing the windows. Might give that a try.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Another point may be--

Are you VELCROING the sides, before engaging the bottom corner clips ??

Whatever

JIMBO

tjbhunter

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JLU
I have a 2018 JLU Sahara with the premium soft top and it has the same sag in all 3 windows as the photos from the original posts. It didn’t used to, then over the summer it started sagging more and more and never rebounded. It makes more noise at speeds 50+ mph as a result, which really annoys me. Picture attached.

I took it to the dealer and he said it’s normal and showed me another Jeep from the lot with sagging windows. He basically said “deal with it, it’s happening to them all”. Just fair warning to everyone in warm weather climates... buy the hard-top and then get yourself an aftermarket soft top apparently... unless my dealer is just blowing smoke?

E7078B95-B31C-4142-9FC3-1261046FBFC0.jpeg

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Well....i would say this is a different type of sag. Your clear vinyl window has the same sag I have on my side windows. But what is interesting is the sag you have in the black top near the roof line. Never had that before.

Sponsored

FLECK-5

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Took mine to the dealership hoping they would get new ones ordered under warranty but they weren’t much help. Sent an email to Jeep cares to try to get them replaced. They look awful.

1E249399-E0B9-4A1C-9C6A-B38DAF6D4327.jpeg

566C9D1E-7FBC-456B-BD74-24F6E1C29188.jpeg

Tom Jk to Jl

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
These soft tops are CRAP. They look awful and are saggy, bulging and rippley. I really wish I got the hard top or a JK

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
These soft tops are CRAP. They look awful and are saggy, bulging and rippley. I really wish I got the hard top or a JK
Looks like some may have received inferior tops/windows and i would insist on replacement under warranty.

My 2018 JLR with the premium soft top has over 20,000 miles and looks good yet. Have taken the windows out and put back in hundreds of times so far and mine look like they did when new yet (albeit with some scratches) without any sag whatsoever.

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
Does anybody else have a premium black soft top on their JLU that the back window is sagging and buckles a little? I have to keep sliding the back window up in the side channels to get the bottom locking tabs to stay in. If I don't, the window slides back down and the bottom locking tabs just flap in the breeze. Also, when I open and close the tail gate, the top left corner catches the soft top and I'm afraid over time it will damage that area. Am I missing something or is this normal? I will post pictures later today.
I have a standard top but my back window looks like yours with a bottom warp. I took it to the dealer and they said it is from improper storage . I hadnt even taken them off yet. No replacement. Some say its happens if you leave windows in while top is in sunrider position...some say its due to hot temps.
Sponsored