JLU Premium Black Soft Top Back Window Sag

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Does anybody else have a premium black soft top on their JLU that the back window is sagging and buckles a little? I have to keep sliding the back window up in the side channels to get the bottom locking tabs to stay in. If I don't, the window slides back down and the bottom locking tabs just flap in the breeze. Also, when I open and close the tail gate, the top left corner catches the soft top and I'm afraid over time it will damage that area. Am I missing something or is this normal? I will post pictures later today.
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody else have a premium black soft top on their JLU that the back window is sagging and buckles a little? I have to keep sliding the back window up in the side channels to get the bottom locking tabs to stay in. If I don't, the window slides back down and the bottom locking tabs just flap in the breeze. Also, when I open and close the tail gate, the top left corner catches the soft top and I'm afraid over time it will damage that area. Am I missing something or is this normal? I will post pictures later today.
Is the top firmly seated on/in the rail? It sounds like the top channel is not connected correctly.........

OP
OP
Kilowatt76

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the top firmly seated on/in the rail? It sounds like the top channel is not connected correctly.........
Yes, that was the first place I checked. ;)

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JL (2 door) ordered with the premium soft top which is yet to be built so i haven't seen the new soft-tops up close yet but i do have a JK with the best-top NX glide which has the same channel set up as the new zipper-less JL tops.

Based on NX glide I do not see how the window could sag? Is the sun-rider open or closed when this happens?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kilowatt76

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a JL (2 door) ordered with the premium soft top which is yet to be built so i haven't seen the new soft-tops up close yet but i do have a JK with the best-top NX glide which has the same channel set up as the new zipper-less JL tops.

Based on NX glide I do not see how the window could sag? Is the sun-rider open or closed when this happens?
The sun-rider is closed.

OP
OP
Kilowatt76

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any pics of it?
Here are the pics, let me know what you think. I will probably take it to the dealer this weekend and have them take a look at what might be causing this.

Back Window.jpg

Left Back Window Tab.jpg

Back Door.jpg

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I also have a slight issue with that. The bottom two clips in the last couple of pics do not fit snugly. It has not created any issues, though.

Sponsored

mgrowc1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Here are the pics, let me know what you think. I will probably take it to the dealer this weekend and have them take a look at what might be causing this.

Back Window.jpg

Left Back Window Tab.jpg

Back Door.jpg
I was about to respond and say yes I have the same issue until I saw your pics. The bottom clips do not really stay for me either but I wouldn’t say they flap around and I do not have the sag in the window like you. Have you tried putting one side in and sliding to the top and then the other and sliding to the top (moving it up) and then clipping in the bottom? I find that it helps but it does seem the back window is maybe a CM too long.

OP
OP
Kilowatt76

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a slight issue with that. The bottom two clips in the last couple of pics do not fit snugly. It has not created any issues, though.
Does the top of your tail gate hit the bottom of the window when you close it?

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
My side window is sagging and doing the same thing.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was about to respond and say yes I have the same issue until I saw your pics. The bottom clips do not really stay for me either but I wouldn’t say they flap around and I do not have the sag in the window like you. Have you tried putting one side in and sliding to the top and then the other and sliding to the top (moving it up) and then clipping in the bottom? I find that it helps but it does seem the back window is maybe a CM too long.
I have the exact phenomena as @mgrowc1. My back window is not sagging but the left clip won't stay inserted. No interference w/ the tailgate.
Sponsored