JLU Premium Soft Top - Top Window Channel White Tip Breaks Easily

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Broke another one yesterday getting the side windows on. Started with four on the side windows and think I'm down to one left. The configuration of the top guide channels, means that once the window is started and if you don't engage far enough on the initial push, that tip will snap off with any lateral pressure. Easy to do when working underneath the flap as it's hidden. Overall I think the design strikes a nice balance between ease of use and window security, but there has to be a better material that is not broken so easily. Can still get the windows on, but the tip makes for a nice starter onto the channel.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Sponsored

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the Trektop and there are no such channel guides for what I assume you are talking about the tongue and groove system ends for window panels. I only chime into your thread on this hoping that since Bestop the OEM manufacturer for Jeep that a similar/same tongue and groove system is used for each with same materials . IE: they opted to not used these "guides" on their "after market" roof and it physically mates fine, BUT (and I assume this the reason they added such guides) can be a pain to get started when a storm is looming. :) once you have an inch engaged it slides easy but can be bit of a nuissance to get started