Premium JLU soft top rear window slight sag at bottom

Dejscoalregion

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
Need some opinions, my rear window has a slight sag at the bottom. Not sure if I've missed an area to tighten it up or if that is as good as it gets. Both side windows are perfect and look as expected. I've taken a couple pictures which don't really do it justice, but they're there. I appreciate any help.

20190602_201253.jpg

20190602_201231.jpg
Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Need some opinions, my rear window has a slight sag at the bottom. Not sure if I've missed an area to tighten it up or if that is as good as it gets. Both side windows are perfect and look as expected. I've taken a couple pictures which don't really do it justice, but they're there. I appreciate any help.
Make sure the rear bar is installed correctly and that the tube on the back window hasn’t pulled out of the channels. It can slide through and part be out of the channel. My advice would be to remove it and reinstall the top first then the bottom. If that fails send Bestop a PM see if they will replace it.

OP
OP

Dejscoalregion

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
Make sure the rear bar is installed correctly and that the tube on the back window hasn’t pulled out of the channels. It can slide through and part be out of the channel. My advice would be to remove it and reinstall the top first then the bottom. If that fails send Bestop a PM see if they will replace it.
Thanks. I checked all the tube and channels. I also reinstalled the rear window. Top then the bottom. If I don't clip in the matterial on the window on the bottom at the very corners it seems to improve it. After the reinstall there is less sag...

OP
OP

Dejscoalregion

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
I think I may just leave these unclipped in their channel on each side at the bottom. Shouldn't leak..hopefully...Both the top, bottom and sides are in the proper channels.

20190602_212956.jpg

Last edited:

jdusza1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have one in Maryland only on for a few months would rather replace with slantback option.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dejscoalregion

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
I have one in Maryland only on for a few months would rather replace with slantback option.
Thank you. Will keep in mind if what I did now doesn't fix it enough. I appreciate it.

DKAudioPRO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL SAHARA
Does it look like your lower rail across the bottom of the window is bent out ever so slightly? I’m just noticing it with mine, too. Wondering if that’s normal or has happened over a few months.

OP
OP

Dejscoalregion

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU
Does it look like your lower rail across the bottom of the window is bent out ever so slightly? I’m just noticing it with mine, too. Wondering if that’s normal or has happened over a few months.
Yes it is actually .... didn't even notice it.

Geonoc

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I had my windows replaced under warranty. The sides were sagging like the rest of the pictures seen posted here. the new sides are much better although not perfect. But they also replaced my rear window as well (the original had a defect on the seam and the rear window sags more than the original!

I think just over time with heat and expansion they will sag. Its plastic and if its sitting in the sun being pulled tight, its going to stretch over time. I've only had my new ones for 4 months. Overall though, I'm really happy with the top. Hasn't leaked at ALL. Only complaint is after a heavy rain and I get in or out, there is a waterfall at the front door edge.
Sponsored