DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what the issue is with the 2.0 pulling on some Jeeps and not on others, but I'd say if you isolate that as the reason for the pull, send it back or ask Fox to replace it.

Mine was neutral, btw, when I installed it. I don't recall it pushing out at all. It was a quick/easy installation.
Sponsored

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
If you have tires with an inherit right-hand pull, this shock will make it worse. I had this problem with a set of 37 inch Toyo Open Country M/T's and a King steering stabilizer.

When I switched to Nittos with a left-hand pull, the issue was gone and I adjusted the PSI and ended up with straight on steering.

Remember, a lot of MT's have a pull.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about what @OffroadTreks said, I'd rotate tires, too, before dismissing the Fox 2.0. If I lived close to one of you experiencing the pull, I'd be happy to swap mine onto yours for a test drive. It is working beautifully with my suspension and steering, so far. Better than when it was new, in fact.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thinking about what @OffroadTreks said, I'd rotate tires, too, before dismissing the Fox 2.0. If I lived close to one of you experiencing the pull, I'd be happy to swap mine onto yours for a test drive. It is working beautifully with my suspension and steering, so far. Better than when it was new, in fact.
But won't testing for pull by test driving without the steering stabilizer help include / exclude the tires as the issue?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase

MSchir1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Having this issue, any word from Fox? Also, can we relieve pressure ourselves?

Outlaw

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1992 YJ Wrangler, 1995 F350 Powerstroke, 1994 Ford Bronco
quick update, I flipped the unit around and the pulling went away. I have now had it on for a while and like it much better than the factory one.
Flipping it around has ZERO effect on the force it puts on the tie rod. You changed nothing! Did you really ever have an issue?

Outlaw

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly having gone through all of these steering changes and seeing what’s worked and helps I would most likely buy the Steersmarts draglink and Tie rod for just a little more money than a $450 Fox ATS or Falcon Steering Stabilizer and run my Jeep without an stabilizer that wears out and needs to be replaced or gets cracked on a rock on the trail. I bet that would be the best bang for the buck if you want improved handling.
You should also buy the best coil springs you can find and throw away this pesky shock absorbers. All they do is heat up and collect dirt. SMH

Outlaw

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Hey guys, came across this thread as I was looking at the JK SS as well...

So @Command Line RC , the JK one comes with a relocation bolt like the picture; correct? Just torque it down to 120 ft lbs and call it a day?

Thanks guys for your help!

SS Relocation Bolt.jpg

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, came across this thread as I was looking at the JK SS as well...

So @Command Line RC , the JK one comes with a relocation bolt like the picture; correct? Just torque it down to 120 ft lbs and call it a day. I did not have a hex screw that would fit my torque wrench so I did the best I could.

Thanks guys for your help!

SS Relocation Bolt.jpg
The JK version does not come with that relocation bolt. I put a synergy tie rod and drag link set on. The relocation bolt came with that. So in essence you would have to purchase it separately. Hope this helps

thepriceisright

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (sold)
I just bought but of these but haven’t installed it yet. It very very slowly expands after being compressed. Does this mean it’s suffering from the same issues others have described?

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I just bought but of these but haven’t installed it yet. It very very slowly expands after being compressed. Does this mean it’s suffering from the same issues others have described?
no, not necessarily... mine slowly expanded too before I installed it but there is no pull whatsoever once installed. apparently there are some bad ones but odds are you'll be fine.
Sponsored