JLU Fox Steering Stabilizer Issue?

Doug997

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Q5, JLUR 4XE (on order)
OEM vs IFP I could not tell the difference, if you have the update OEM I would not bother. As I indicated the TS is a different design and I feel made a noticeable difference.
Sponsored

Doug997

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Q5, JLUR 4XE (on order)
The install for both is very easy, about 15 min at most for either. On the TS you need some red thread locker which is not provided.

Motornerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S; Volvo XC60T8 RDesign
Looks like there are dialing threads so I'm posting here too..Thanks to all the posters over the last two years on this. Very helpful. Here's my experience...

Just bringing this up again in case anyone else has same issue. I have a 2 door Sport S (JL). I recently installed the Mopar 2" lift with the Fox Steering stabilizer (non-Mopar--#FOX985-24-173). My installer had the Jeep aligned after install. It slightly pulls to the right. I've seen on other forums and on the item reviews on Qtec that this is common. Lots of online discussion about this being a "positively charged" unit instead of "neutral" and maybe even faulty. I ordered this one due to the Mopar Fox unit being backordered.

I tried the "Prime" method by turning lock to lock 5 times, which one Gladiator owner says worked to fix the pull. No dice there. I'll see if it "works itself out" after some miles as at least one other person has stated. It's mildly annoying. Steering wheel is straight but vehicle drifts right and changes lanes after several seconds. If it doesn't work itself out I plan on putting the post-recall Mopar OEM stabilizer back on for now. Then maybe spring for an adjustable. Just wanted to share my experience with this Fox unit.

Havoc516

First Name
Ambra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Looks like there are dialing threads so I'm posting here too..Thanks to all the posters over the last two years on this. Very helpful. Here's my experience...

Just bringing this up again in case anyone else has same issue. I have a 2 door Sport S (JL). I recently installed the Mopar 2" lift with the Fox Steering stabilizer (non-Mopar--#FOX985-24-173). My installer had the Jeep aligned after install. It slightly pulls to the right. I've seen on other forums and on the item reviews on Qtec that this is common. Lots of online discussion about this being a "positively charged" unit instead of "neutral" and maybe even faulty. I ordered this one due to the Mopar Fox unit being backordered.

I tried the "Prime" method by turning lock to lock 5 times, which one Gladiator owner says worked to fix the pull. No dice there. I'll see if it "works itself out" after some miles as at least one other person has stated. It's mildly annoying. Steering wheel is straight but vehicle drifts right and changes lanes after several seconds. If it doesn't work itself out I plan on putting the post-recall Mopar OEM stabilizer back on for now. Then maybe spring for an adjustable. Just wanted to share my experience with this Fox unit.
I have a 2020 JLUR with Mopar lift and 37’s and recently installed the Fox steering stabilizer as well and it has a very noticeable right pull. Took it off and drove without it, no pull. Going to reinstall the factory stabilizer. The off-road shop had to cross caster the Jeep with the stabilizer installed because they couldn’t get the alignment set correctly. We are going to install the factory stabilizer when we install the lower adjustable control arms and realign it. Haven’t called about returning it yet tho. Will be doing that soon.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running mine for quite some time now and it has been great. No pull at all. Performs perfectly. I'm not sure if it is something you have to allow to break-in, or if Fox has very poor QC. I hope you guys get it all worked out so you can enjoy your Jeeps fully.

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Reviving this subject to provide additional information.

I just purchased this FOX steering stabilizer and while searching to find out if people recommended to install a boot on it or not, I came upon this thread.

Upon reading that the pull problem seems to be that the stabilizer decompresses on its own upon compressing it, I went to my garage, opened the box and compressed mine. ZERO decompression. it stayed exactly where I compressed it. even after 30 minutes, its still at the same place.

So in case this thread got people worried, the problem seems to be fixed.

Still don't know if I should install a boot on it or not :)

Cheers,

Steph

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Reviving this subject to provide additional information.

I just purchased this FOX steering stabilizer and while searching to find out if people recommended to install a boot on it or not, I came upon this thread.

Upon reading that the pull problem seems to be that the stabilizer decompresses on its own upon compressing it, I went to my garage, opened the box and compressed mine. ZERO decompression. it stayed exactly where I compressed it. even after 30 minutes, its still at the same place.

So in case this thread got people worried, the problem seems to be fixed.

Cheers,

Steph
Is it in stock location? Regardless, not many run a boot on their SS.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I initially installed it on mine, but at near steering lock, it would bind and it eventually pulled loose. Nothing really gained by using it.

For clarity - I am running a relocation kit on my stabilizer.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I initially installed it on mine, but at near steering lock, it would bind and it eventually pulled loose. Nothing really gained by using it.

For clarity - I am running a relocation kit on my stabilizer.
Good to know thanks.

Sponsored

Jarg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 911 (aka 993), 2021 Telsa 3
Occupation
Jeep modder, among other things.
Coincidentally I installed my new Fox 98524173 last night. It does decompress which concerns me, but I have not noticed any pull. I am also using a Synergy relocation kit.