JL Limited Edition models?

draffind

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Any word yet if Jeep will release any limited edition models like the Recon or Hard Rock?
Sponsored

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
I don't think anyone knows at this time...not one response. I am buying a '18JLUR....waiting on the Blue to be released. Perhaps by that time a special edition will be released. I am going on 35's.....I think the current recon edition on the JK will support a 35"....not sure.
I have a 2012 Rubicon now, put a steel rear bumper and tire carrier to hold the 35"....might have to do the same with JL....

Last edited:

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
It will be a few years most likely before any special editions come out.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I am holding off. Whenever Jeep wants my attention, they can release a Willys equivalent for the JL. I doubt it will take years considering that they had countless # of editions for the JK. That is a market that they will surely take advantage of. If it has to be years though, so be it. I can wait if it means I get what I want.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Since I'm in on the Ocean Blue, this may also help me with this forced wait. There is NO WAY that Jeep doesn't have a 15th Anniversary Rubicon as late availability. I hope it is around the same time as the late availability colors come out. Even if that's the only special edition, they wont miss it.

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Since I'm in on the Ocean Blue, this may also help me with this forced wait. There is NO WAY that Jeep doesn't have a 15th Anniversary Rubicon as late availability. I hope it is around the same time as the late availability colors come out. Even if that's the only special edition, they wont miss it.
I’m expecting the 15a Rubi, along with a special edition for both the Sport and Sahara. Fingers are crossed. Only downside is that they’ll only be more expensive..

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
TJ took 4 years before a special edition arrived, JK waited 2 years. Hard to safely extrapolate a trend line with only two data points, but based on the sales graph for the JK, I'd wager Jeep will sell every JL they make this year without worrying about special editions.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I am thinking a special edition will come out next Fall. That’s when the 2019s might be released, but it’s hard to say if it’s an abridged year. GM will try to maximize sales of a new model. The diesel may bring something interesting with a big $$$ price tag too.

Deaglej

First Name
James Deagle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2 door Rubicon
Occupation
Shift Supervisor
I think they want to get the new JLs out and have the bugs worked out before they start doing special editions.

Last edited:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I still don't get the point of "special editions" on Wranglers. I have a guy that does good vinyl wrap work and there are some good tire/wheel shops in my area. I try to make my Wranglers look different from everyone else's. Stickers and embroidered seats don't get me excited. There are so many aftermarket parts for Wranglers that are so much better built than the MOPAR crap.

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I still don't get the point of "special editions" on Wranglers. I have a guy that does good vinyl wrap work and there are some good tire/wheel shops in my area. I try to make my Wranglers look different from everyone else's. Stickers and embroidered seats don't get me excited. There are so many aftermarket parts for Wranglers that are so much better built than the MOPAR crap.
Special Editions are just a marketing tool. While you and many here see through it, many who buy them are playing on their psychology of wanting to be set that much apart from other buyers of the brand and model. People tend to like the "exclusivity" of being in a relatively low number crowd whether that is just perception or actual reality remains to be seen. It is no different than the large number buyers of Rubicon models who will never make it out of "Mall Crawler" status, they just like the panache of owning one and seeing that "RUBICON" sticker on the hood gives them the feels and nothing more.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Can't wait for the "Dragon" JL...
618009999-2_2.jpg

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
My appeal with the special editions is not that I want to buy one, I just like seeing what the Wrangler Team comes up with. What other brand gets to experiment with variations and colors as much as this bunch? The MOAB editions are a lot of fun also. Recently other companies have begun to take notice and start special editions.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Maybe they’ll have a special edition built around the off-road pages.
Sponsored