Sponsored

Will Jeep release edition models of the JL?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well if you look at several of the added options to a sport for example- the JK Willy’s has stuff you’d be paying a premium for as added options anyway ( and I do mean more than just a few random decals, but stuff like suspension, different wheels, axle ratio, etc.) probably more if you’re trying to build up a sport or sport s into the same thing- so....yeah
Bingo - The Willy's was created for those that wanted more off road capability and more of an off road look without bumping up into a Rubicon if they did not need / want the lockers and electronic disconnecting sway bars etc...

I think the Willy's was a great special addition for those that wanted that look and beefier components without moving up to the more expensive Rubicon.
Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Bingo - The Willy's was created for those that wanted more off road capability and more of an off road look without bumping up into a Rubicon if they did not need / want the lockers and electronic disconnecting sway bars etc...

I think the Willy's was a great special addition for those that wanted that look and beefier components without moving up to the more expensive Rubicon.
I just found a 6MT 2018 JK Willys for $30k in my area.

...I think I'm gonna go test drive it

OP
OP
MikeM1968

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just found a 6MT 2018 JK Willys for $30k in my area.

...I think I'm gonna go test drive it
Yep- was just eyeing a Rhino colored one close to me- about the same price.

Getting tempting waiting for these 2 door JL’s to start rolling out

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep- was just eyeing a Rhino colored one close to me- about the same price.

Getting tempting waiting for these 2 door JL’s to start rolling out
I understand but later on will you look back and wish you had waited for all the improved design features in the JL? I love a lot of the updates but one of the biggest ones is that soft top! No more F'ing zippers!

OP
OP
MikeM1968

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I understand but later on will you look back and wish you had waited for all the improved design features in the JL? I love a lot of the updates but one of the biggest ones is that soft top! No more F'ing zippers!
True- besides I’m in no real rush- like the idea of a new car- not so eager about another loan to pay off :cwl: by the time I’m ready to pull the trigger, I’ll have a nicer down payment ready.

I’ll probably wait until the early adopters find all the bugs first and FCA fixes them ;)

Thinking about what the new Cherokee went through.

Sponsored

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The zippers sucked. Especially in the cold. New top is gonna be sweet!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Or conversely you could wish you had the cool features of a Willy's. Goes both ways.

Although once a JL Willy's comes out its all over

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I openly admit that I have bitched a whole lot about the $750 recent increase. It was just super annoying.

Much more dependable is how annoying the 2 door delays are. Honestly, how long is it gonna be til a 2 door 3.6 manual actually hits a lot?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True- besides I’m in no real rush- like the idea of a new car- not so eager about another loan to pay off :cwl: by the time I’m ready to pull the trigger, I’ll have a nicer down payment ready.

I’ll probably wait until the early adopters find all the bugs first and FCA fixes them ;)

Thinking about what the new Cherokee went through.
I thought about being an early adopter but not much. I work from home and since last June I have yet to break 3K miles on my current Jeep. Summer is coming and when mine is built I'll already be on the bike. As much as I love the Jeep the bike trumps it every time!
Sponsored