Sponsored

Will Jeep release edition models of the JL?

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
A point to ponder- will Jeep begin rolling out “Edition “ models of the JL like the Willys Wheeler or Freedom, Altitude, etc. ?
Sponsored

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully....

C1A6FDBA-63D3-4344-93BF-C6F63837B8CD.png

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
A Willy's JL would be awesome.

The price would not be. :(

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A point to ponder- will Jeep begin rolling out “Edition “ models of the JL like the Willys Wheeler or Freedom, Altitude, etc. ?

It's highly probable and likely to be dictated on when FCA execs feel the initial JL production run sales have run their peak course and something new, albeit within the JL product line (not a JM) could help boost sales.

jeepfreak

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Why wouldn’t they? Charging a few grand for some decals and a new paint color is the greatest example of capitalism I’ve ever seen. Kudos to them for getting suckers to pay for it.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Why wouldn’t they? Charging a few grand for some decals and a new paint color is the greatest example of capitalism I’ve ever seen. Kudos to them for getting suckers to pay for it.
Almost as impressive as them getting suckers to pay fifty grand for a Sahara Unlimited!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Almost as impressive as them getting suckers to pay fifty grand for a Sahara Unlimited!
Some of us suckers are lining up to pay $55K for a Rubicon Unlimited! :(

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Special editions are often used to boost slower summer sales at end of model year. I wouldn't expect to see much on first year of release.

MEO73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
They almost certainly will. Probably not until 2020, if history is any guide and depending on sales numbers.

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some of us suckers are lining up to pay $55K for a Rubicon Unlimited! :(
I'm not gonna lie, I'd get a half chub if the market really stuck it to Jeep and FCA, and decided they weren't going to pay inflated prices for the vehicle.

But since the target audience is apparently six figure households now, that's not gonna happen. A Jeep might only be worth $25,000 new to someone who isn't loaded, and only wants a fun toy so badly, while it's worth double or triple that for the image and fun to someone with, say, a vacation home, boat, and Mercedes-Benz.

At least they didn't nix the manual transmission yet, I guess.

In my humble, sole opinion, $55,000 for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in Rubicon trim is astoundingly outrageous. The loaded buyers disagree though lol.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, they start around 25 and I’ve priced one I’m interested in for under 30k.
They start at just a shade under $29,000 after destination for a no options 2-door manual.

Six months ago they started around $25,000

2 quick increases happened lol

OP
OP
MikeM1968

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well if you look at several of the added options to a sport for example- the JK Willy’s ( for example) has stuff you’d be paying a premium for as added options anyway ( and I do mean more than just a few random decals, but stuff like suspension, different wheels, axle ratio, anti slip differential, etc.) probably more if you’re trying to build up a sport or sport s into the same thing- so....yeah

Point being- several of these editions come prebuilt with options certain buyers will want without having to “build “ it.
Sponsored