Sponsored

JL Variants/Limited Editions

What do you think? Will there be more than just the standard 3 JLs offered at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
At launch nothing, within the first Model year 2 Special Editions, within the first year of production 3 SEs.
Just curious, is this pure speculation, or based on insider info?

Also, I agree that the SEs are not intended to boost sales volume, but rather to boost price.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
It's based on more than speculation.

OP
OP

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
One Jeep has a lot less/no rake in comparison to the other. Also two different wheels. I'm thinking one is a Rubi, and one maybe a Willy's? *different looking front diffs too*

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

Last edited:

A.Papi.K

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX STI Limited Sedan
Occupation
Leasing Manager for Volkswagen.
Vehicle Showcase
maybe a 1st edition edition. That would make a great addition.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I always viewed the rubi hard rock as a lot more than a rubi with Sahara trim. True it has leather heated seats etc. but to me the big benefit is the steel bumpers and sliders and the heavier tailgate. Also for me thesis a good way togo it saves me thousands down the line and much less explanations to the wife about why I need a new bumper or new rails etc. YMMV lol

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Another wheel/tire. No shot they made all these just for standard 3 JLs. What's interesting to me is that they're all using black wheels.

IMG_4505.JPG
Black wheels on a mule is more of an incognito Wheel.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I always viewed the rubi hard rock as a lot more than a rubi with Sahara trim. True it has leather heated seats etc. but to me the big benefit is the steel bumpers and sliders and the heavier tailgate. Also for me thesis a good way togo it saves me thousands down the line and much less explanations to the wife about why I need a new bumper or new rails etc. YMMV lol
I love the 10A/Hard Rock front bumper. It's the first steel bumper Jeep has made for the Wrangler in decades that they got right, even though they still couldn't resist including a little plastic here and there. The rear bumper, however, is all show and will fold over a rock almost as easily as the stock one. I seriously don't understand why they designed it to bolt on with separate brackets along the side instead of having it bolt directly onto the frame.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Consider the "foldable" bumper, with side attaching points, as a Sacrifice to the Gods of Impact ; better the bumper asborb impact, and bend, than have that energy transmitted to the more rigid frame, and you.
Thats why I like those impact-absorbing plastic factory bumpers , they are "Bumpers", as in shock absorbers. Far safer for pedestrians too

A.Papi.K

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru WRX STI Limited Sedan
Occupation
Leasing Manager for Volkswagen.
Vehicle Showcase
Consider the "foldable" bumper, with side attaching points, as a Sacrifice to the Gods of Impact ; better the bumper asborb impact, and bend, than have that energy transmitted to the more rigid frame, and you.
Thats why I like those impact-absorbing plastic factory bumpers , they are "Bumpers", as in shock absorbers. Far safer for pedestrians too

And the pedestrian choice award goes to...... LOL
Sponsored