Results are only viewable after voting.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I'll wave, of course; they are in on it...I wave at everybody (Wranglers). As someone said, I'd never be able to tell as they approach.

I have the other problem...I wave at jeeps even when not in my jeep...

I see a Jeep approaching. I go thru the mental gymnastics of calculating if this is a "wave zone" or not. I've learned that you wave on all 2 lane roads as well as 4 lane roads so long as there is no center turn lane, concrete divider, grass boundary or heavy traffic. Traffic circles are just a cluster F. :swear: Anyway, assuming its a wave zone, I wave only to get a confused look...then I return the confused look......and then slap my forehead because I'm not currently driving my jeep....:facepalm:

:LOL:
I have done this driving my truck. Occasionally I get a wave back, I figure they realize my other car is a Jeep and my wave has become automatic.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have done this driving my truck. Occasionally I get a wave back, I figure they realize my other car is a Jeep and my wave has become automatic.
Glad to know it's not just me lol. I say screw it and wave now, I'm sure they understand.

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait to get my jeep so I can start waving at everyone! OK, I want it to be here already (waiting on factory order) because I want a badass jeep, but I want to wave at every jeep I see too! I've almost waved at jeeps while driving my car cause I'm just thinking about it. So I don't care what kind of jeep it is. I'll wave. If they don't wave back, whatever.
Freaking newbies! Haha

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
....a breakover handicap. I wave out of pity. LOL
They don’t wave back I’ve tried. Not doing it anymore. Just a bunch of truck people for the most part. They don’t get it. Most anyways..
I saw one on my way to work yesterday. I was beside the guy and tried to wave, but I got nothing back. He looked kinda clueless.

I won't mention my overall assessment of them (they look like $hit) but I think what's said above is true. I think a lot of "truck guys" will buy them to look cool and not really to be part of the Jeep club. I mean, dat breakover... I am very curious to see real-world off-road testing beside a JLR and JLUR to see if the Gladiators can do anything on the trails besides get stuck. Now, for those that are going to lift them and put 35s\37 on them, that's another story. Those could maybe do well on trails, but they're still not designed to keep up with the JLRs and JLURs. They're designed to haul and tow, which is a weird design choice for a Wrangler. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait to get my jeep so I can start waving at everyone! OK, I want it to be here already (waiting on factory order) because I want a badass jeep, but I want to wave at every jeep I see too! I've almost waved at jeeps while driving my car cause I'm just thinking about it. So I don't care what kind of jeep it is. I'll wave. If they don't wave back, whatever.
I remember when I had my first beer lol

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Another reason I’m not waving at them. Who would spend money on a truck with that back door ? It looks worse in person

9375D434-11E2-4670-B95C-DB2B243E244C.jpeg

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Gladiator Half a Jeep = Half a Wave
Lifted = Fingers Fully Extended Wave
Snorkel = Arm High Out the Window Wave
Winch = Palm Curved Like a Hook Wave
RTT = One Hand on top of the Other Hand Wave
Vertical Mount Exterior High Lift Jack = Middle Finger Wave

This gets complicated when a Jeep is heavily modded and I sometimes have to pull over to complete my full acknowledgement.
Sponsored