Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
As a practical matter, how are you even going to distinguish them head-on until it's too late? Even if you could tell - they share enough DNA to call them part of the family.
And that’s how I got tricked, from the front you can’t tell

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Presently, I only wave at wranglers. With a few exceptions; built XJs and 1st gen Broncos and any Jeep with a CJ as it’s designation. Under no circumstance will I wave at a GD compass, a GD patriot, a GD Commander, a GD renegade or any new GD Cherokee - grand or otherwise. I barely wave at YJs or Comanches and I used to own one.

I certainly won’t wave at any Toyota, even though a taco may try and sneak one in about once a month.

Land Rovers? Id sooner get punched in the nuts. No friggin way.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
And that’s how I got tricked, from the front you can’t tell
That’s the second time you’ve used the word “tricked” regarding a fellow Jeeper giving you a kind hello.

What is up with that? Seems like a personal problem to me.

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
A Jeep wave is really just steering with your pinkie, isn't it?

I'm still on the fence about the whole Jeep wave thing in general. The only people who freak out when they see someone with the same car is 5 year-olds and Jeep owners.

But it's growing on me. And I think if you're gonna do it, include every Jeep owner (even Gladiators). At heart, it's an acknowledgement that we get it – like being a man with toddlers and seeing another man in Target with toddlers who are freaking the f*ck out. You wave to that guy because you get it.

When I see another Jeep owner, I feel a connection. Like that guy, I bought a car that goes every direction BUT straight. That we both have to debate every warranty issue with people at the dealership barely qualified to change our oil. That we've had to listen to the same godamn rattle behind the dash this whole trip. That every time we fill up next to another Wrangler with a light bar and custom hood sticker we have to listen to that douche describe every modification in excruciating detail. That the first time of the season we drive with the top off, an entire landfill of our kids' trash blows out – after we thought we'd gotten it all. And the amount of times we hear the question, "What if it rains?"
This is definitely my favorite response, lol. I've definitely acknowledged other dads struggling in public with a kid, just a simple nod and smile. They get it. Same with the Jeep wave.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno bout this whole Jeep Wave thing. I got one test driving our JLUR and got all excited to join the family. These days I get maybe 1 in 10 waving back. Most JLs dont while a higher percentage of JKs do. I'm beginning to get discouraged. But I figure it's just like golf... that 1 good shot out of 100 crappy ones is the shot that keeps you coming back for more.

jeep wave 1.jpg

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Presently, I only wave at wranglers. With a few exceptions; built XJs and 1st gen Broncos and any Jeep with a CJ as it’s designation. Under no circumstance will I wave at a GD compass, a GD patriot, a GD Commander, a GD renegade or any new GD Cherokee - grand or otherwise. I barely wave at YJs or Comanches and I used to own one.

I certainly won’t wave at any Toyota, even though a taco may try and sneak one in about once a month.

Land Rovers? Id sooner get punched in the nuts. No friggin way.

Man! That’s an amazing set of rules to allow others the joyous benefit of your benevolent wave by!

You got all that memorized, or posted on the sun visor, or what?

I’m thinking it must suck to have to keep all that straight.

Or to want to.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Man! That’s an amazing set of rules to allow others the joyous benefit of your benevolent wave by!

You got all that memorized, or posted on the sun visor, or what?

I’m thinking it must suck to have to keep all that straight.

Or to want to.
:CWL: on a sun visor

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
I definitely have no issue waving and happily will but here’s my experience so far....

They don’t wave back.

And the stupidest thing was I waved at what I thought was a JL AND he had the wave handprint decal on his mirror but it was a Gladiator and he didn’t wave back... wow.

And obviously when people don’t wave back, I assume they’re stuck up jerks - it’s double for Gladiator drivers (who don’t wave back).

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I dunno bout this whole Jeep Wave thing. I got one test driving our JLUR and got all excited to join the family. These days I get maybe 1 in 10 waving back. Most JLs dont while a higher percentage of JKs do. I'm beginning to get discouraged. But I figure it's just like golf... that 1 good shot out of 100 crappy ones is the shot that keeps you coming back for more.

jeep wave 1.jpg
“The true joy is in the waving, not in the receiving of the wave, Grasshopper.”

Pretty sure I heard that on “Kung Fu”, back in the day.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I saw one up in the mountains a couple weekends ago and waved. Nice red Rubi JT and he already had a roof top tent mounted on top of the bed. I waved as while approaching one there's almost no way to tell them apart from a JL.
Sponsored