• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
I would wave at all Jeep models but only Wranglers wave back and I don't want to look like a weirdo ;). When off road, I wave at all vehicles and most wave back.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Gladiator Half a Jeep = Half a Wave
Lifted = Fingers Fully Extended Wave
Snorkel = Arm High Out the Window Wave
Winch = Palm Curved Like a Hook Wave
RTT = One Hand on top of the Other Hand Wave
Vertical Mount Exterior High Lift Jack = Middle Finger Wave

This gets complicated when a Jeep is heavily modded and I sometimes have to pull over to complete my full acknowledgement.
Omg you are going to get in an accident lol

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
There is a reason for that angle on ours, the wheel clearance. I know they did it so the doors would be the same but it does not make it look any better.
I felt the same way, and I saw some Jeep engineer or product rep answering a question about it and the answer actually made sense to me- He basically said something like- This help reduced the cost of the vehicle because they do not need to create a new door and more importantly it will help people source parts later. I believe that the Gladiator will not be around too long and will become like the old LJ's. If that is the case it will be nice to be able to "pull" parts from the JL's.

OP
OP
Stormin’ Moorman

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I felt the same way, and I saw some Jeep engineer or product rep answering a question about it and the answer actually made sense to me- He basically said something like- This help reduced the cost of the vehicle because they do not need to create a new door and more importantly it will help people source parts later. I believe that the Gladiator will not be around too long and will become like the old LJ's. If that is the case it will be nice to be able to "pull" parts from the JL's.
I think it looks like crap. It doesn't work on the vehicle and it stands out as an icon of "that's good enough" (I saw the same interview)

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I saw one on my way to work yesterday. I was beside the guy and tried to wave, but I got nothing back. He looked kinda clueless.

I won't mention my overall assessment of them (they look like $hit) but I think what's said above is true. I think a lot of "truck guys" will buy them to look cool and not really to be part of the Jeep club. I mean, dat breakover... I am very curious to see real-world off-road testing beside a JLR and JLUR to see if the Gladiators can do anything on the trails besides get stuck. Now, for those that are going to lift them and put 35s\37 on them, that's another story. Those could maybe do well on trails, but they're still not designed to keep up with the JLRs and JLURs. They're designed to haul and tow, which is a weird design choice for a Wrangler. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
True. And why in the world they stayed with a no-torque high strung car engine for a pickup designed to tow 7,600lbs is beyond belief. Mark my words, the JT will set a record for the slowest time up the Ike's gauntlet ever recorded. And they can't put a diesel in it (heat management issues, we hear).

So that's reason #2 I wave at them out of pity. haha the poor bastards.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
...why in the world they stayed with a no-torque high strung car engine for a pickup designed to tow 7,600lbs is beyond belief. Mark my words, the JT will set a record for the slowest time up the Ike's gauntlet ever recorded. And they can't put a diesel in it (heat management issues, we hear).

So that's reason #2 I wave at them out of pity. haha the poor bastards.
Yeah my 2-door is slow enough. The Gladiators are bigger and heavier than even the Unlimiteds are. I am still shocked they didn't upgrade the engine somehow, especially since that thing is designed for towing. I mean, there's plenty of room under the hood for a turbo (not to mention a V8). Oh well...

Sponsored

tablerock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017Viper,2012Ram,3Corvettes,2 Street Rods,2019 2Door Wrangler
They[ FCA] saved me alot of money since a two door is not available!!!!!!
e
vailal

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
And why in the world they stayed with a no-torque high strung car engine for a pickup designed to tow 7,600lbs is beyond belief.
So let's go back to the engines the 3.6 replaced that all had even less torque, great Idea. The Diesel will go in the Gladiator eventually but the limits of the Gladiator frame will prevent it from towing like a full size truck. GVWR rather than cooling issue like the 2.0.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
So let's go back to the engines the 3.6 replaced that all had even less torque, great Idea. The Diesel will go in the Gladiator eventually but the limits of the Gladiator frame will prevent it from towing like a full size truck. GVWR rather than cooling issue like the 2.0.
Good thinking there.

Someone posted a link to pics of a Gladiator parked beside a Tacoma recently.

Virtually identical in size. It’s a big Jeep, but it’s a small truck.

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
??? Who's suggesting they go to an even worse engine?

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah my 2-door is slow enough. The Gladiators are bigger and heavier than even the Unlimiteds are. I am still shocked they didn't upgrade the engine somehow, especially since that thing is designed for towing. I mean, there's plenty of room under the hood for a turbo (not to mention a V8). Oh well...
According to one of their engineers, they can't shed enough heat to put more horsepower under the hood. Sounds like that's the reason the JT will not get the diesel.
Sponsored