wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
i work in a jail so no working from home for me. i was hoping to take the jeep this week and go for a destinationless ride with my son with the top open. he has been out of school for a few weeks now and is seriously getting itchy and wants to go somewhere. now with the lockdown in place probably wont do that. ive been fortunate enough to have bikes most of my life, so i love getting on a 2 lane black top heading to no where...... i did the same with my GTO and i love doing it in my jeep. Sometimes find a really nice turn off in the mountains or a cool little town to stop for a samich...... cannot wait till things return to normal. IM NOT A HOME BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
My wife and I are not homebodies either. I retired from the prison system and my wife still works at a prison. She is about a year and a half from retirement. The prison system in Michigan is going to be a mess.

With that said, we live in a rural area and fired up the XJ and drove dirt roads for about 3 hours on Sunday and did not pass a car. We saw some folks out working in their yard and they most of them gave me that look... You know the look?? The look of hey that's a pretty sweet looking shitbox XJ.
Sponsored

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
My wife and I are not homebodies either. I retired from the prison system and my wife still works at a prison. She is about a year and a half from retirement. The prison system in Michigan is going to be a mess.

With that said, we live in a rural area and fired up the XJ and drove dirt roads for about 3 hours on Sunday and did not pass a car. We saw some folks out working in their yard and they most of them gave me that look... You know the look?? The look of hey that's a pretty sweet looking shitbox XJ.
hahahaha yea the look lol. im sitting here talking with my LT about all this stuff.... people are only gonna stay on lockdown for so long before they say F it, im going for a drive, or something to get out of the house.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
D
A similar experience for me yesterday. Worked from home only three days so far but it felt good to take the Jeep through some back roads while it rained on us.
Did the same thing yesterday. Headed out and deliberately got myself lost on some country back roads. It was awesome. It was so deserted that, I started to have flashes that I was one of the last men on earth (kinda felt like Will Smith in "I Am Legend").

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Lucky you. The one thing I can be positive about in my life is that I will never miss my commute to work . On the imaginary fear scale graded 1 to 10 commute to work is definitely at 9 and only being forced to drive a Hyunday or death would be at 10 .

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
D

Did the same thing yesterday. Headed out and deliberately got myself lost on some country back roads. It was awesome. It was so deserted that, I started to have flashes that I was one of the last men on earth (kinda felt like Will Smith in "I Am Legend").
Update on this experience. This ride has stayed with me since I posted it. The experience left me with a perspective that I wasn't yet able to zero in on. What really struck me on this ride was nature. Nature was the star and I could almost hear/feel it celebrating the absence of traffic/people. I passed by a few lakes and small water falls and somehow they struck me as spectacular. I could not help myself but to stop in awe of a simple waterfall. Then it dawned on me last night that this is what what the Corona virus is all about. This is a correction. Emissions are way down all around. Someone posted on this thread about "Listening to Nature Wake Up To Spring". I know exactly what you mean....

This was built in my Home Town back when I was in the 7th grade. Today, to me it makes a little more sense as to why it was erected.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Our Jeep therapy.........

60012DEE-C6CB-4A6B-97D3-09871352372D.jpeg
E194C8AC-5E6C-4671-8177-814786100D86.jpeg
D1DBB574-C805-45F3-955A-D7E0B1598072.jpeg
046DDC25-A0DC-4249-AC16-3E2D5223591C.jpeg
649BF4A8-C3B8-43C9-A2AE-BD412107A3D0.jpeg

“ My “ Jeep therapy.........

2FFD1D42-BC28-46E6-8BF6-BE1C26D87133.jpeg
21D43D6B-DFB7-428F-9D82-57880D50C000.jpeg
BEB1F859-0EEF-4583-90DE-39F98078A693.jpeg
0FC89DDB-CCF8-4561-806C-0D6A204C2D57.jpeg

...............:)....Stay safe everyone......:)

you are so lucky to have a fine garage like this at your disposal and of course the skills to do your own work on the Jeep , most of us have to deal with the vampire mechanics

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
you are so lucky to have a fine garage like this at your disposal and of course the skills to do your own work on the Jeep , most of us have to deal with the vampire mechanics
Yes, I’m very thankful for my buddy’s shop, I can use it whenever I need it. He’s not into jeeps, he’s more quarter mile stuff, he’s head mechanic at Buick dealership. There’s only two shop rules.....you have to pet the dog and not let him out when coming through the gate........:).

6656AC8E-BAF6-4999-9351-B039ABF7578D.jpeg
Sponsored