Sponsored

Jeep Therapy

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I think a lot of people are like this, myself included. I hope most people are big enough to do their part and beat this thing, even if we need to keep with this way of life for a few more weeks.
Sadly I think it's going to be more then a few weeks in some communities.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This is how I have been handling being at home. Just going out back on my property and enjoying some Single Barrel Jack and listening to the earth wake up to spring.

I cracked the seal on a gifted bottle of Lincoln Henderson Angel's Envy bourbon a couple days ago. Easy to sip that in the afternoon.

The wife has a couple hundred bottles of great reds we've been cultivating. I like culling the just ok wines with good bbq.
P_20200323_160351.jpg
20200324_062037_resized.jpg
P_20200324_134954.jpg

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Angels Envy is a favorite of mine....You’re enjoying Spring in style. Nice Jeep.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
On the plus side, it's warm here and I'm working from home full time so the tops been down for 2 weeks. The downside is I rarely go anywhere though we did go cruising at a nearby lake early in the week for sanity.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
You can order Chicago favorites and have it sent to you.

Your bottom pic looks like Giordano's.

https://ship.giordanos.com/
It is!! My buddies and I waited an hour for them to make it but it was well worth the wait! Pricey but definitely worth splurging.

I’ve done the NYC frozen shipped to home pizza and while it was okay, it wasn’t the same as being there in person.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
As an ex-eastcoaster, I've been wanting to go to the Scottsdale White Castle since they opened five months ago, but the line is always an hour long (no kidding). Now that they MIGHT be slower, they've closed the dining room seating. I've ruled out take-out because White Castle does not travel well.

At least we still have In-N-Out, and it's only two miles from my home.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I work for a medical group here in NYC and serve 5 hospitals. They now have these 45 foot refrigeration trailers outside. The morgues are full, these are for more morgue space...
WOW that’s pretty dark. Latest news sources say those were brought in as a “just in case measure” but, for the moment, they don’t need them.

And I really hope they don’t.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an ex-eastcoaster, I've been wanting to go to the Scottsdale White Castle since they opened five months ago, but the line is always an hour long (no kidding). Now that they MIGHT be slower, they've closed the dining room seating. I've ruled out take-out because White Castle does not travel well.

Plenty of White Castles here in the Chicago area. I do get the "Crave" every once in a while. Saying that, I think you have the advantage by having a In-N-Out by you.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as my above post, it’s just an attempt at a little light humor. I’m not pig headed and would definitely NOT go to Costco in these times. I unfortunately have to go to a supermarket once a week but try my best to keep distance and wear a mask.
This is very serious folks. I was in the “ they’ve gotta sell newspapers camp” and wasn’t fully buying in a month ago. I was wrong and have been humbled.
I work for a medical group here in NYC and serve 5 hospitals. They now have these 45 foot refrigeration trailers outside. The morgues are full, these are for more morgue space.
Sorry to be so gloom and off the Jeep topic but if this helps just one person take this more seriously then the post is worth it.

58F218D2-3208-45D9-BC2C-05CF0DC8689A.jpeg

479606A8-DC53-4C79-8110-FD0BFFAD645E.jpeg
Thanks for realizing the severity and for posting.

Some people just don't get it or don't care? Chicago has been under a official shelter in place for a week now. Most companies have all nonessential employees working from home for 2 weeks. That apparently meant social time for some citizens. Chicago had to close all public parks and the Chicago Lake Front a couple of days ago because people were out socializing. Police had to shut down a couple of house parties. Police will start issuing fines now to encourage everyone to stay inside.

I hear they are setting up refrigerated trailers at Chicago area hospitals also. There are plans to convert McCormick Place, a 1,000,000 sq/ft convention center, into a make shift hospital to treat covid19 patients. I think they said it will have about 1000 beds split into 3 sections depending on severity.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I cracked the seal on a gifted bottle of Lincoln Henderson Angel's Envy bourbon a couple days ago. Easy to sip that in the afternoon.

The wife has a couple hundred bottles of great reds we've been cultivating. I like culling the just ok wines with good bbq.
P_20200323_160351.jpg
20200324_062037_resized.jpg
P_20200324_134954.jpg
It is amazing how a chip of ice really smooths out Angel's Envy. It is already smooth, but I was still surprised what a little ice does to it. I toured the the Angel's Envy distillery back at the end of December. It is pretty cool and it is small. It is hard to believe that all the worlds supply of Angel's Envy comes out of that one building.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
As far as my above post, it’s just an attempt at a little light humor. I’m not pig headed and would definitely NOT go to Costco in these times. I unfortunately have to go to a supermarket once a week but try my best to keep distance and wear a mask.
This is very serious folks. I was in the “ they’ve gotta sell newspapers camp” and wasn’t fully buying in a month ago. I was wrong and have been humbled.
I work for a medical group here in NYC and serve 5 hospitals. They now have these 45 foot refrigeration trailers outside. The morgues are full, these are for more morgue space.
Sorry to be so gloom and off the Jeep topic but if this helps just one person take this more seriously then the post is worth it.

58F218D2-3208-45D9-BC2C-05CF0DC8689A.jpeg

479606A8-DC53-4C79-8110-FD0BFFAD645E.jpeg

thanks for the info. i think. now every time i see a refer pulling up to a grocery store. i'm gonna have to stop and wonder. however if thats what is needed to be done, then i'll let it be. stay safe down there.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
It is amazing how a chip of ice really smooths out Angel's Envy. It is already smooth, but I was still surprised what a little ice does to it. I toured the the Angel's Envy distillery back at the end of December. It is pretty cool and it is small. It is hard to believe that all the worlds supply of Angel's Envy comes out of that one building.
Price keeps demand in check...

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon

Diarrhea is that popular there?

White castle flushes me out like liquid plumber.

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
i work in a jail so no working from home for me. i was hoping to take the jeep this week and go for a destinationless ride with my son with the top open. he has been out of school for a few weeks now and is seriously getting itchy and wants to go somewhere. now with the lockdown in place probably wont do that. ive been fortunate enough to have bikes most of my life, so i love getting on a 2 lane black top heading to no where...... i did the same with my GTO and i love doing it in my jeep. Sometimes find a really nice turn off in the mountains or a cool little town to stop for a samich...... cannot wait till things return to normal. IM NOT A HOME BODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Sponsored