Sponsored

It's not all bad

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Why did you buy your jeep? I've always wanted a JEEP and am looking forward to another season for reason. So far just a bunch of interior (think like a squirrel)mods. Tires and wheels will come in time, bumpers first and soon. 33k and no complaints, this thing is a VW Golf on steroids, a blast to drive and it gets me where I want to go. I'll take it up to the northern New England states any chance I get, skiing, glamping, whiskey runs, any excuse for a road trip.
Jeep Wrangler JL It's not all bad 20220306_122126 (2)
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I bought my jeep because I'd always wanted a jeep,,but with kids and other reasons it was never practical. So I ran through a bunch of other vehicles, including a 85 cj7 (as a fun "car").

When I saw the 2018 one day in a parking lot I realized that was it for me. I wasn't waiting any longer.

I made moves and was able to get on here and learn the ins and outs of buying and getting a good deal.

Finally ordered and received in July of 2019. Have loved every minute of it.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Agreed đź‘Ť

I played with jeeps in the army when I was 18 and knew nothing. They were all 4 cylinder 4 speed full time 4 wheel drive half door soft tops with crappy heaters. But we took them out on the tank trails and beat the living crap out of them whenever we got a chance. Never got one stuck and always brought them back running. Lol.

In my younger days I was a little abscessed with speed, so no jeeps. About 5 years ago I started looking at them. Wanted something that was not the same as everthing else on the road, and that the wife and I could get out into nature and have some fun in. After some research I knew it was going to be a Wrangler. No regrets, love it, love driving it, love looking at it. The wife and I have had more fun in the last 13 months with the jeep than any vehicle we have had in the last 30 years.

We are now looking at retirement and a whole lot more adventures in the jeep.

IMG_20220428_115936.jpg

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I’ve driven small off roaders for years-started with IH Scouts, switched to Jeeps after IH stopped production. I loved to hunt, fish, and just “explore” where old tracks went. I wanted something nimble, reliable and able to get me there and back. Back then small 4x4’s we’re utilitarian (Spartan)-vinyl seats, floor coverings, steel dash, heater and an am radio. I loved them-still do.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I've had 4WD vehicles since the mid 80s and I've done a lot of off roading. Drove M151s in the USMC before that. But my first Jeep was only 5 years ago and it's a Renegade Trailhawk. Nifty little SUV and does better on the trails than most would expect. But it's not a Wrangler. So, last year I got an 80th Edition 2dr and it's seen some rugged use. Picked up 3 badges of honor at Moab last year. Looking forward to getting several more in the Colorado mtns next fall.

Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
My wife and I became Jeep fans in general when we rolled three times in a Liberty and walked away.

For me, the Wrangler is something unique in a world of vehicles that are slowly but surely all vying to become rolling jelly beans. Remove the roof... delete the doors... fold down the windshield... And the aftermarket allows Wranglers to be customized in ways you can't do with other models.