Sponsored

JL sport not really that bad

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I really like the purists here. I got the JLU sport s. I sprung for some of the fancy stuff - cold weather package and technology group. The only thing I truly wish I was able to get was the premium soft top. But like PavementWarrior said, I am now flush to upgrade my Jeep how I want. That I am looking forward to the most!
Why couldn't you get the premium soft top? I thought that was an available option on the Sport S.

Was it not available when you ordered your Jeep?
Sponsored

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Why couldn't you get the premium soft top? I thought that was an available option on the Sport S.

Was it not available when you ordered your Jeep?
Well its funny you mentioned it. I was buying a 2017 GC for my wife and I saw the new JL had hit the dealers. With no intention of buying it I fell in love. Because I am in the car business, they made me a deal and Voila! Plus, I did scope out the local inventory - and I could not find a premium soft top anywhere. I wonder if they will sell them?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Well its funny you mentioned it. I was buying a 2017 GC for my wife and I saw the new JL had hit the dealers. With no intention of buying it I fell in love. Because I am in the car business, they made me a deal and Voila! Plus, I did scope out the local inventory - and I could not find a premium soft top anywhere. I wonder if they will sell them?
Definitely. You will be able to purchase the mopar premium soft top along with aftermarket options. You can probably just buy the replacement material without needing to purchasing a complete soft top.

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBH - as nice as they are, as long as someone (haven't seen anyone produce anything yet) makes some type of bra, rag, soft cover that can be taken on/off, I am happy to let them take my money. :D

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I really like the purists here. I got the JLU sport s. I sprung for some of the fancy stuff - cold weather package and technology group. The only thing I truly wish I was able to get was the premium soft top. But like PavementWarrior said, I am now flush to upgrade my Jeep how I want. That I am looking forward to the most!
Purists and offroaders was something I hoped would definitely be in supply here. I'll be jibing with them the most. I look forward to future mod and offroad adventure threads. Anyone crazy (read: cool) enough to wheel their new JL at EJS?

One thing I do like a lot about the base model is the excellent platform for ultra-built jeeps. If you're planning on running full width Dana 60's on 38" tires, buying all the Rubicon gear just to sell it is just more work and less mod money. I'm probably buying base, but I do wish I could have the weather or tech group options on it without springing for everything else on the Sport S. I'm not looking for a $34,000 2-door SUV quite yet.

People that are taking the doors off forever don't care about crank windows! People throwing ARB lockers in front and rear don't care to come equipped with factory lockers! Etc.

Speaking of throwing out standard equipment, I'm hoping I can snag some nice Rubicon wheel and tire pulloffs shortly into Sport ownership. They've consistently been dirt-cheap in my area for the JK pulloff variety.

Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Purists and offroaders was something I hoped would definitely be in supply here. I'll be jibing with them the most. I look forward to future mod and offroad adventure threads. Anyone crazy (read: cool) enough to wheel their new JL at EJS?

One thing I do like a lot about the base model is the excellent platform for ultra-built jeeps. If you're planning on running full width Dana 60's on 38" tires, buying all the Rubicon gear just to sell it is just more work and less mod money. I'm probably buying base, but I do wish I could have the weather or tech group options on it without springing for everything else on the Sport S. I'm not looking for a $34,000 2-door SUV quite yet.

People that are taking the doors off forever don't care about crank windows! People throwing ARB lockers in front and rear don't care to come equipped with factory lockers! Etc.

Speaking of throwing out standard equipment, I'm hoping I can snag some nice Rubicon wheel and tire pulloffs shortly into Sport ownership. They've consistently been dirt-cheap in my area for the JK pulloff variety.
jk takeoffs will still fit any jl. just fyi more choices

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Good point, I was working at Toyota when people would come and buy TRD Pro models and talk about getting lift kits/wheels and tires and tons of other wheeling/overlanding mods, I was just so confused. I feel like Rubicon/TRDPros/Raptors/Rebels, are all designed to be out of the box fun albeit more/less capable than a custom job.

EJS is too soon here, but I look forward to event photos. I know in our area (Mountain States), auto trim, Katskinz & others do heated/ventilated seats, however, I do not think an aftermarket steering wheel for heat capability is in the cards (or worth it for the assumed cost.).

captainjack

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
10% under? Are there such deals? I guess I’d have to wait until the 2 doors start arriving at the local dealerships to see

Local dealers just started receiving the unlimited models, but no 2 doors on any lots yet
Criswell Jeep in Gaithersburg, MD has plenty of Jls on the lot advertised at 10 percent below MSRP. I was just on their website and some are even more than 10% below MSRP. They were more than nice and fair to me.
Here is one on their lot at over 10% under

https://www.criswellchryslerjeepdod...Wrangler-ff6aa8660a0e0a6b40de81f57a7c0a10.htm

Ifghillbilly

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 lj, 1993 Mercedes 300D, 2014 Mercedes C250
Bestop makes the OEM tops. I think I read in another thread that they expect to start shipping complete top kits in the spring. @BestopTeam , is that correct?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there,

Correct, we make the OEM soft tops.

Not sure what you are referring to by "complete kits". The OEM tops are already on the lots with the JL, they just made hardtops available first so they could do a staggered release, Mopar made that decision.

If you are referring to aftermarket tops for the JL, we are looking at late summer for them to be available.

If i completely missed the mark and it was something else, please let me know! :)

Bestop makes the OEM tops. I think I read in another thread that they expect to start shipping complete top kits in the spring. @BestopTeam , is that correct?

Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Hey there,

Correct, we make the OEM soft tops.

Not sure what you are referring to by "complete kits". The OEM tops are already on the lots with the JL, they just made hardtops available first so they could do a staggered release, Mopar made that decision.

If you are referring to aftermarket tops for the JL, we are looking at late summer for them to be available.

If i completely missed the mark and it was something else, please let me know! :)
Question/ i was unable to order a prem soft top. is the hardware the same for both standard and prem so i can switch later?

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Question/ i was unable to order a prem soft top. is the hardware the same for both standard and prem so i can switch later?
I would love to know the answer to your question also. Anyone have an answer? is the hardware the same and just the material of the top different?

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Where did you get a standard one at?
Sponsored