First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
Too much fun! I have to jump in! I started out with '4xe' because there was only one. But no more. Then in referring to my Jeep as 'Jeep', a bystander jumped in with 'my jeep too'. it was a renegade. 'ahem' sorry frog in my throat. So 'wrangler' doesnt roll off the tongue so now it is 'the JL'. ....helllp... but problem solved I guess, at a young 4 mo of age, moron ran a red light and totaled my jeep. Hoping for a solution before we get the next 4xe in, say, 2023
Sponsored

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
everyone knows only a Rubicon is a real jeep.

therefore real jeeps did not exist until 2003.
Ok, first time wrangler owner (4xe) and I get it. Plus, my wife's car - mostly mall crawling except for 6 weeks out in CA where we did some trails. But I really respect that there is a difference between the skilled rock climbers and owners like me. And no one ever ran me down for it. And fun competitive pokes like this are just that - fun - and invite a sense of pride - no matter what you own! This is a great forum! I also just took delivery of a Ford Maverick hybrid (40 mpg truck). some on that forum are just trolls - one poor guy wrecked his truck and they just found the post and piled on. Like watching hyenas. Seems that if you are the kind of person who values a jeep, you tend not to be a troll by default. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I havent seen it yet. But in a community where the 4" lift modder will jeep wave to lowest of us (literally), I guess I am not surprised. A lot to be proud of with this community

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Too much fun! I have to jump in! I started out with '4xe' because there was only one. But no more. Then in referring to my Jeep as 'Jeep', a bystander jumped in with 'my jeep too'. it was a renegade. 'ahem' sorry frog in my throat. So 'wrangler' doesnt roll off the tongue so now it is 'the JL'. ....helllp... but problem solved I guess, at a young 4 mo of age, moron ran a red light and totaled my jeep. Hoping for a solution before we get the next 4xe in, say, 2023
Who the hell let's a 4mo old drive?? They aren't even supposed to be holding their head up on their own ffs.

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
engineer
Who the hell let's a 4mo old drive?? They aren't even supposed to be holding their head up on their own ffs.
I asked for that lol. the jeep was 4mo old. Slip of the tongue. It was one of the family after all

Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I used to care what other people called my Jeep (when I had it) and would even correct people in a good natured, ribbing way. That was about six years ago. Now I couldn't care less. I have to think about what I am going to get my hackles up about to maintain my blood pressure at a decent level!

281268280_2437486158395424_6309969023135177862_n.jpg

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Wow, I'm surprised you even continued a conversation with that person after they referred to their renegade as a Jeep. I would of immediately stuck my nose up in the air, adjusted my gaze away from that peasant, and walked away briskly whilst holding my pinky up in the air.

😉

Sponsored

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
Car:

noun
  1. a four-wheeled road vehicle that is powered by an engine and is able to carry a small number of people.

Jeep is simply a brand of car, or automobile. If you wanted to be technically correct, you should refer to your vehicle as a Jeep Wrangler or Wrangler. A “Jeep” could be referring to any number of vehicles under the Jeep brand. :like:
jeep
/jēp/
Learn to pronounce

noun
TRADEMARK

1. a small, sturdy motor vehicle with four-wheel drive, especially one used by the military.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
And, get off my lawn! :)

There's just something about the use of "car" in reference to a Jeep that is wrong.

If I can convert one person to use "Jeep" instead of "car", then my work is done. :)
I know. I refer to mine as the "magic carpet ride into the mountains."

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum