Sponsored

Is Bronco worth the wait?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Check out the soft top on the Bronco in the pics in this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bronco-in-the-wild.77697/

Anyone want to wait for that? It looks terrible.
Should see how shitttty they look with the side panels on it, local dealer has one on the lot and side and top panels are all wavy, poor fit and finish on the soft tops on the Bronco. The Ford dealer should of yanked that pig and hid it in the back lot, every person who was checking it out ( was on a Sunday and dealer was closed) commented how poor it fit and what terrible quality Ford has on these.

Guess the have both Hard and Soft top quality control issues.
Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Guess the have both Hard and Soft top quality control issues.
Funny how dismissive Jeep owners are when Jeep has had problems over the years with soft tops AND hard tops. You know how many Jeep owners have leaky tops? The Ford top issue is a $hit show but Jeep owners acting all high and mighty as if the Jeep tops have always been 100% non-problematic is silly.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Check out the soft top on the Bronco in the pics in this thread:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bronco-in-the-wild.77697/

Anyone want to wait for that? It looks terrible.
I really wish they would have made that top better. Even looks a little weird on the the 2 door example I've seen from Best top. Jeep does a good job making them fit tight, but easy to remove.

I don't know, but didn't the old Broncos all have hard tops originally? It seems like they should have stuck to that.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Have 2 Wranglers and no issues with HT, ST and Sunrider.

also Why would Ford ship these things, where are their gatekeepers, you know Ford Quality is Job 1 or what ever BS they spout.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There's videos of the Bronco being plenty capable so not sure where you are headed with this. I get it, you are a Jeep fanboy surrounded by other Jeep fanboys on this forum. It's fine. I love Jeeps as well and have had many through my life but don't close my eyes to other brands because of the name. Nor am I going to judge the entire Bronco on 1 part in an off roading video (when it did just as well as the 4Runner in the rest of the video) or judge the entire vehicle on problems with the hardtop/delivery issues.
...or on the small inconvenience that you can’t even buy one.

Social media is full of people projecting the perfect “virtual” existence. And Ford has created the perfect vehicle for them.

Speaking of which, I am gonna go wheeling... something you can’t really do with a “virtual” vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Funny how dismissive Jeep owners are when Jeep has had problems over the years with soft tops AND hard tops. You know how many Jeep owners have leaky tops? The Ford top issue is a $hit show but Jeep owners acting all high and mighty as if the Jeep tops have always been 100% non-problematic is silly.
I don’t think Jeep owners have any illusions about leaky tops, especially in recent past. These forums are full of jokes and enough frustration to go around.

But Jeep didn’t go around blowing smoke at every turn and taunting the competition that its products were “superior.”

Sorry, but it’s hard not to laugh that after all time and effort Ford spent hyping up a picture-perfect Bronco, reality bites so hard.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think Jeep owners have any illusions about leaky tops, especially in recent past. These forums are full of jokes and enough frustration to go around.

But Jeep didn’t go around blowing smoke at every turn and taunting the competition that its products were “superior.”

Sorry, but it’s hard not to laugh that after all time and effort Ford spent hyping up a picture-perfect Bronco, reality bites so hard.
Especially since Ford had 25 years to study the Wrangler or if they wouldn’t have canceled the bronco at all then they wouldn’t have all these issues

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2

I like the Bronco, but agree with this.

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
As someone who has a fairly early 2018 JL, I can honestly say that it may be better to wait. Not sure if there will be as many recalls as we had, but if you can hold off, buy a model next year.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who has a fairly early 2018 JL, I can honestly say that it may be better to wait. Not sure if there will be as many recalls as we had, but if you can hold off, buy a model next year.
The only issue I had with my 2018 JLU was the steering that plagued everyone and was fixed last last year and does great especially with the mopar lift. But that is just for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Sahara, purchased NEW in November 2019, has been trouble-free.

The batteries needed replacing at exactly 3 years from build date, like clockwork. That’s about it.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have a 2018 JLU Sport S. It has been plagued with many minor issues, that has tied it up, in the shop numerous times. I should have waited for the 2019-2020 model. Bjt, I doubt that would have helped.
It's a Jeep Thang.

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Are you sure you didn't see the Ford Bronco Sport? There is a BIG difference and there aren't that many actual Broncos on the road currently. The actual Ford Bronco sport is being universally praised for its styling but almost everyone except for the "its not a Jeep so its ugly" crowd.

I didn't judge the entire performance of the Bronco in every off road situation based on 1 part, 1 driving mode and 1 driver as no one should. Do you really think that the 4Runner outperforms the Bronco in every off road situation? Let's circle back when there's videos of Bronco's performing better than a 4Runner every time there's a single occurrence. If you really think that the Outback is a better off roader than the Bronco then that really shows your bias and lack of rationalizing the vehicle.
You know what, it was a bronco sport. I looked up the "full size" bronco.....looks like they're ripping off Jeep a little with the body lines to me.....just my 2 cent

TGB

First Name
TGB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I don't believe "wedlock" affects the appearance of an offspring.

For what it's worth, I don't see design cues or body lines similar to the Bronco in either the Hyundai or Kia lineup. Are you sure you were not looking at the Bronco Sport crossover?
Just a joke my friend......guess it wasn't a very good one

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
My 2018 Sahara, purchased NEW in November 2019, has been trouble-free.
Not all JL Wranglers had steering problems but a lot sure did. I'd take a top that has defects over steering issues. While there aren't a lot on the road currently, there are Bronco's out there with zero problems other than a top that will eventually be replaced. Maybe Jeep should have fixed the wandering steering on the JL before releasing them? It's all perspective I guess.
Sponsored