Installed Tazer Mini today and now several issues - help please

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Actually, showing someone a way to search this forum is literally one of the best tips. The search function is terrible.
^Truth. I usually get better search hits on this site if I Google what I’m after with the website name in the search string.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Ok, it’s fixed. So, under live updates, the option for backup cam was set to yes. Well, I have a backup camera and thought it was supposed to be set to yes. When I set to no, and rebooted, everything works perfectly including XR radio. Maybe the question for backup camera is for an aftermarket? Anyway, thanks for the replies and help. Cheers.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok, it’s fixed. So, under live updates, the option for backup cam was set to yes. Well, I have a backup camera and thought it was supposed to be set to yes. When I set to no, and rebooted, everything works perfectly including XR radio. Maybe the question for backup camera is for an aftermarket? Anyway, thanks for the replies and help. Cheers.
Hah. FFS. How frustrating.

BUT......There is a weird issue with those who have the front cam. Apparently the rear cam resolution is nowhere near as good as those without. I think there is something new in software for sure.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-mini-issues-for-1st-timer.72516/#post-1513036

Maybe try this? I see you deleted a couple posts though. Hopefully you've figured it out. I also have read that Taser is very responsive to help requests as well.
Thank you, and yes it’s fixed. A simple selection of no on the backup cam and reboot. The Z auto directions don’t say much about that option, but apparently if you have a factory backup cam, it’s a no. If not, yes. Anyway, smooth as silk now. Thanks again!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hah. FFS. How frustrating.

BUT......There is a weird issue with those who have the front cam. Apparently the rear cam resolution is nowhere near as good as those without. I think there is something new in software for sure.
agreed. I’m confident Joe at Z Auto will fix with future updates. My front cam may be a bit more grainy after the install, but the rear is still HD. Front is still great though.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, and yes it’s fixed. A simple selection of no on the backup cam and reboot. The Z auto directions don’t say much about that option, but apparently if you have a factory backup cam, it’s a no. If not, yes. Anyway, smooth as silk now. Thanks again!
Glad you got working

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Tazer Mini today and now several issues - help please D3F292AC-E0EA-4DA3-8AFE-D6DA18120A10

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got working

Jeep Wrangler JL Installed Tazer Mini today and now several issues - help please D3F292AC-E0EA-4DA3-8AFE-D6DA18120A10
Yeah, that isn’t clear to me lol. But, I got it working nonetheless. Hey, what about the cargo cam option? I have the front cam already and the icon under apps is active. Again, is this option for an aftermarket? I don’t understand “Cargo cam”. 😫

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, that isn’t clear to me lol. But, I got it working nonetheless. Hey, what about the cargo cam option? I have the front cam already and the icon under apps is active. Again, is this option for an aftermarket? I don’t understand “Cargo cam”. 😫
It’s for adding the zautomotive front camera. If you have the factory front camera leave it alone.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s for adding the zautomotive front camera. If you have the factory front camera leave it alone.
See, why can’t the instructions say exactly your words 😝 I’m too stupid to interpret.

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
See, why can’t the instructions say exactly your words 😝 I’m too stupid to interpret.
The trick is to wait until someone else screws up. Posts about their screw up. Then not do what they did. Now you can share info with others and sound like you know what you’re talking about.
😁

poolside

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu rubicon
So, I prepared and read many instructions before installing. After install, and rebooting several times, my rear backup camera is not working properly as it’s a smaller box with an X along with a bigger box surrounding the smaller box with an X and blurry lines at the bottom. Also, the front facing camera isn’t working at all when the icon is pressed in the apps. Lastly, my XM radio plays for 3 seconds, goes blank, then plays for 3 seconds and keeps this cycle without pause. Is the mini a $300+ gimmick or is there a fix you can help me with? Thanks all and Happy New Year.

So, I prepared and read many instructions before installing. After install, and rebooting several times, my rear backup camera is not working properly as it’s a smaller box with an X along with a bigger box surrounding the smaller box with an X and blurry lines at the bottom. Also, the front facing camera isn’t working at all when the icon is pressed in the apps. Lastly, my XM radio plays for 3 seconds, goes blank, then plays for 3 seconds and keeps this cycle without pause. Is the mini a $300+ gimmick or is there a fix you can help me with? Thanks all and Happy New Year.

https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/backup-camera-stopped-working.2382531/
I did this and it worked as stated. !!

Snoballz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had some issues periodically where it stops working. The camera function I mean. Today it happened. I had to go in and turn it off and back on while the Jeep was running. That seemed to rectify. If all else fails there is a great support department at Taser who may have seen it before. I am with the others and do not think it’s because you are running the 392 engine. It seems to be a software issue. Hope you find a solution.

4x4hans

First Name
hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL 2019 2 doors Rubicon
So, I tried to update to the 11.3.3 before I married it for the first time. I simply could not do that after hours of trying on my laptop as the Z Auto site would not recognize the unit. So, I installed and rebooted per instructions, then unplugged and reinstalled.

Once I unmarry, will the unit still be the latest 11.3.3 or will it divert back to 11.1.4 it said it was out of the box?

thanks!
i had same problem, then i updated the USB driver and it worked and was be able to see the unit and updated to latest firmware
Sponsored