Tazer Mini button remapping help please

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICON UNLIMITED RECON SPECIAL EDITION
Hi, I updated my firmware to the latest because I’d like to try the new turn assist plus sway bar kill disconnect at any speed. I can get there but I can’t figure out how to save it to lock it in? The instructions dont say??? Anyone know how? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rlhdude

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Limited Willys
Those are the directions I tried, remapping did not work for me.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I love my Tazer, and I hold the man/team that made this device in the highest regard. But writing instructions is a complicated art form and Z Automotive clearly isn't good at that. I’d be will to pay $5 more for their products if they just would hire professionals to redo their instuctions. 🤪

(this reply was written with the highest respect for Z Automotive and humor is implied)

OP
OP
Jeepjayjeep

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my Tazer, and I hold the man/team that made this device in the highest regard. But writing instructions is a complicated art form and Z Automotive clearly isn't good at that. I’d be will to pay $5 more for their products if they just would hire professionals to redo their instuctions. 🤪

(this reply was written with the highest respect for Z Automotive and humor is implied)
I agree, love my Tazer, more detailed instructions needed. Still haven’t figured it out

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I did this this morning. Ignition to run, but not running.

1) Navigate to screen 7 on the EVIC (Music screen)

2) press and hold the RIGHT ARROW button

3) whilst still holding the right arrow button, select one of the 3 cruise control buttons (+,-,Res) that you want to map. Press that button to advance to the next option. Once your desired option is selected let go of both buttons.

Gravytheclown

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Willys
I believe I do it with the engine running. I've done it a few times and will most likely do it depending on what I'm doing. Right now I have (set +) as backup camera. Supper helpful. Resume as Winch mode and (Set -) for cooldown. I can see me changing winch and cooldown to Turn assist and TC kill on the trail.

And exactly as it states , while EVIC is in Audio option, Press and hold right arrow on left side of wheel, now to set what you want for say (set +) tap the (set +) button to cycle through option. once your option shows up stop tapping and release the right arrow bottom.
to set what you want for (Set -) do the same above but only tap the (set -) instead of the (set +).

Gravy

Last edited:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I did this this morning. Ignition to run, but not running.

1) Navigate to screen 7 on the EVIC (Music screen)

2) press and hold the RIGHT ARROW button

3) whilst still holding the right arrow button, select one of the 3 cruise control buttons (+,-,Res) that you want to map. Press that button to advance to the next option. Once your desired option is selected let go of both buttons.
Just checked and this worked for me, thanks!

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I believe I do it with the engine running. I've done it a few times and will most likely do it depending on what I'm doing. Right now I have (set +) as backup camera. Supper helpful. Resume as Winch mode and (Set -) for cooldown. I can see me changing winch and cooldown to Turn assist and TC kill on the trail.

And exactly as it states , while EVIC is in Audio option, Press and hold right arrow on left side of wheel, now to set what you want for say (set +) tap the (set +) button to cycle through option. once your option shows up stop tapping and release the right arrow bottom.
to set what you want for (Set -) do the same above but only tap the (set -) instead of the (set +).

Gravy
For giggles I tried it running as well and it worked. Set + is backup cam, res is turn assist and set - is winch mode. Tried turn assist and it really works. Makes a bunch of noise because the ABS is trying to keep that wheel locked up. Not sure I'll actually use it but it's cool to have. Also, you need to be in 4wd for it to work.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Not to side track the thread but is TC Kill the same as doing it by holding the traction control button for 5 seconds? I normall have to do this every time I start the jeep while off roading but didn’t think about just mapping one of my buttons to TC Kill.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Update on the TC Kill. I mapped it last night and went and drove the jeep around. I hit the hit key and it immediately killed all my nanny stuff. Which is awesome as I used to have to hold the traction button for 5 seconds.

Howwver, normally it’ll reset when I shutdown and restart but this time it didn’t reset when I went to restart the jeep.

What’s the trick to turn the traction control stuff back on ?

Edit: Nevermind read the manual and it worked. I guess you press it again and then it’ll reset on the next restart.

Last edited:

Grayrat

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have an interesting question regarding the mapping of the Tazer: I have a Rubicon and I have "swaykill" mapped, but can't seem to find out which features allow it, and which over-ride it? I need it in 4WD High because the Rubicon re-connects at 17 mph, and I usually need it to go to about 25 mph. If I put it in 2WD and turn it on, it works up to 30 mph. Yesterday, I shifted to 4WD, from 2WD with it on and it stayed on. But if I activate it while in 4WD High, and have already pressed the sway bar button and the off-road+ button it doesn't work. It reconnects at 17 mph. Is there a do's and don'ts for how to make this work? I want to not have traction control on, and I want my sway kill to work in the dirt. The stutter bumps in washes are killer with the sway bar connected, and the 4WD keeps me from digging into the sand.
Sponsored