Ideal offset/backspacing JL

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So it sounds like you simply need more lift and offset /bs is no longer much of an issue. That sounds good to me as I want to keep my rubi wheels. I'm going to try getting away with a simple 1" spring spacer to keep it from rubbing at full disconnected flex with 35s

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Dear lord. What we are looking for
Is
The current backspacing in stock wheels and the relationship towards the larger axles! It’s obvi 35’s are going to rub stock. What we are
Looking is the ability to
Run 35’s without having to purchase new wheels or spacers. Looks like the answer is no.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dear lord. What we are looking for
Is
The current backspacing in stock wheels and the relationship towards the larger axles! It’s obvi 35’s are going to rub stock. What we are
Looking is the ability to
Run 35’s without having to purchase new wheels or spacers. Looks like the answer is no.
My current JK needed 4.5 backspace on 35’s with a 4” metalcloak to get full articulation. Best case would be if a Jeep owner could keep stock wheels and not have to put another 2500 towards rims on top of tires. That really adds up when yr doing a buildout.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks like the answer is no.
Everything I've read so far contradicts that. Everything I've read is saying that 35s will definitely work on the stock rubi wheels even with the 6"+ of backspacing WITHOUT having to add a wheel spacer or adapter. It surely seems like the backspacing isn't the problem on the JL like it was on the JK. I'm thinking a 1" spacer/puck on the coil or 1" additional bumpstop and you won't have any rubbing at all even at full flex while disconnected. I don't have first-hand experience with this as I still haven't received my JLUR, but all indications are pointing in that direction.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude finally.... someone with the goods.... that’s great , I honestly don’t want to keep my wheels from my JK and would like to sell, can we get a hard confermation on this?

Everything I've read so far contradicts that. Everything I've read is saying that 35s will definitely work on the stock rubi wheels even with the 6"+ of backspacing WITHOUT having to add a wheel spacer or adapter. It surely seems like the backspacing isn't the problem on the JL like it was on the JK. I'm thinking a 1" spacer/puck on the coil or 1" additional bumpstop and you won't have any rubbing at all even at full flex while disconnected. I don't have first-hand experience with this as I still haven't received my JLUR, but all indications are pointing in that direction.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Here are 35x12's mounted on stock Rubi rims with a mopar 2" lift at full flex...rub is if full effect..
Screenshot_20180304-085916.jpg

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are 35x12's mounted on stock Rubi rims with a mopar 2" lift at full flex...rub is if full effect..
Screenshot_20180304-085916.jpg
Texas comes through once again! Thank you. Back spacing needed! Save your old rims fellas... looks like at
Less 4” needed

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Texas comes through once again! Thank you. Back spacing needed! Save your old rims fellas... looks like at
Less 4” needed
No way less than 4" of bs is needed. That wasn't even needed on the jk. Seemed like 4.5-4.75 was the magic number for the jk. On the jk, I don't think you could even get away with a 285/70/17 on stock wheels without rubbing. With the JL you can easily, obviously. Also, which side was that on? Passenger? Isn't the lift shifting the axle to the driver side? Or is there an adjustment on the lift to center it? If not , you are reducing the clearance on passenger side. Just a thought. Seems like there are others where it's not a problem.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
No way less than 4" of bs is needed. That wasn't even needed on the jk. Seemed like 4.5-4.75 was the magic number for the jk. On the jk, I don't think you could even get away with a 285/70/17 on stock wheels without rubbing. With the JL you can easily, obviously. Also, which side was that on? Passenger? Isn't the lift shifting the axle to the driver side? Or is there an adjustment on the lift to center it? If not , you are reducing the clearance on passenger side. Just a thought. Seems like there are others where it's not a problem.
Axle is centered and it does it on all of the 3 lifted JL's the kit is on with the stock wheel set up. Ordering 3 sets of wheels to fix the issue. 35x12.5 on the stock wheel will rub at full tilt with wheel cranked. Falken AT3W used...

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Axle is centered and it does it on all of the 3 lifted JL's the kit is on with the stock wheel set up. Ordering 3 sets of wheels to fix the issue. 35x12.5 on the stock wheel will rub at full tilt with wheel cranked. Falken AT3W used...
OK, well, I stand corrected there. You have first hand experience. I don't. That being said, we can get by with more backspacing still don't you think? It doesn't have to be as drastic as the jk? Thoughts from someone like you who has direct experience on the JL ?

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Also curious , is it the added lift and then the full flex that puts you closer where it rubs? So, if you don't have a lift, are you less likely to rub the suspension components like that ? I know you'll probably rub the tread because of the lack of height... Bit suspension components?

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Tried wheels 17x8.5 and 17x9 with 4.5 to 4.75 backspacing fit fine with no rubbing. Still trying to find a narrower wheel (8") with the correct backspacing to keep the track a little more narrow since the JL is wider than the JK.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You think a wheel with 5.5 " of bs would work with 35x12.5 wide tire on the JL? That's .75" more clearance compared to stock rubi I believe. I know that wouldn't work on the jk, but JL maybe it will?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Adjust the steering stops a couple turns which you won’t really even notice (because Jeep widened the axle and they turn a lot tighter than a JK does)and you won’t have any of these problems if you want to keep your stock wheels. I’m running 37’s with 2.5 RC lift and no rubbing except in the backside of the rear tire. Add 1/2 bumpstop and done. 35’s will fit fine.

6BF5AD7F-004F-4E66-BD4D-22619498384D.jpeg

92EA8F41-6FC7-4501-8F4E-687DF442C241.jpeg

E79A73EB-2782-478A-9995-DA8ACBF8AADA.jpeg

A3624B9C-D18D-402B-A0BA-46369BCC8345.jpeg

13F89B38-5328-4186-9235-F75E97EE2773.jpeg

16EA0D64-454A-4166-98E2-533C9AFB00E0.jpeg

63A10C26-105D-42AD-BC7E-4A9CCA5DB652.jpeg