I got the 4xe blues......

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I also prefered the black hooks that came on our 2021 4xe but ny wife claimed it and wanted the blue hooks. The look has grown on me a bit but i will likely be putting our black hooks on the 2023 we have on order😂

I enjoyed the “sleeper” aspect of having the plain black hooks and surprised a few folks who figured they would blow last me at a red light.
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Use PlastiDip, see if you actually prefer the black, it's easy to remove if you want to go back to the blue

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
First world problem😏. If you can afford a new Jeep you can afford a can of spray Rustoleum..problem solved,

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
My wife is all in on the blue. I installed what I hope are the finishing touches. I got the bumper inserts back from the paint shop. I'll admit I think it does look pretty good.

Jeep Wrangler JL I got the 4xe blues...... Inked20220924_141034
Jeep Wrangler JL I got the 4xe blues...... Inked20220924_141047
Jeep Wrangler JL I got the 4xe blues...... Inked20220924_141101

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
My wife is all in on the blue. I installed what I hope are the finishing touches. I got the bumper inserts back from the paint shop. I'll admit I think it does look pretty good.

Accent colors are a great idea….but only if they match. That looks sweet!

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
My wife has a 2021 4xe. She had to have the blue ones so I ordered and installed them. So I have a set of black hooks, 1 rear and 2 front, that I'd sell. PM me if interested.
Why didn't you just paint them while you had the bumper apart? Lol.

I also prefered the black hooks that came on our 2021 4xe but ny wife claimed it and wanted the blue hooks. The look has grown on me a bit but i will likely be putting our black hooks on the 2023 we have on order😂

I enjoyed the “sleeper” aspect of having the plain black hooks and surprised a few folks who figured they would blow last me at a red light.
You think when you pull up beside someone who is potentially interested in drag racing a jeep (does this happen a lot?), they're looking at your blue tow hooks?

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Why didn't you just paint them while you had the bumper apart? Lol.

You think when you pull up beside someone who is potentially interested in drag racing a jeep (does this happen a lot?), they're looking at your blue tow hooks?
Spray painting the hooks will not be as durable as the factory paint. As far as stoplight encounters my commute includes several stoplights where the right lane merges just after the intersection. Instead of turning right people try to blow past in that lane. It is a dragstrip every morning if you are first in line.

And on two occasions I have had the pleasure of lining up against other wranglers. Although we do have a lot of ignorant fellow owners, I would expect some to understand that the blue tow hooks mean they will lose unless they have a 392.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Spray painting the hooks will not be as durable as the factory paint. As far as stoplight encounters my commute includes several stoplights where the right lane merges just after the intersection. Instead of turning right people try to blow past in that lane. It is a dragstrip every morning if you are first in line.

And on two occasions I have had the pleasure of lining up against other wranglers. Although we do have a lot of ignorant fellow owners, I would expect some to understand that the blue tow hooks mean they will lose unless they have a 392.
I'll assume this is aesthetic only and they will never be used for their intended purpose (which is fine if that's what you want), so spraying will hold up more than fine.

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
I’ll swap you hooks. The blue matches the interior stitching in my Islander. Mine are black. I’d prefer factory paint to my own paint.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Durable for what? Drag racing or actually using them for their intended purpose? Spray painting is absolutely durable enough for drag racing. If it's for recovery points, well, I'd suggest you get some rattle can because no paint will withstand recovery unless you're full synthetic.

Ignorant owners or not, there aren't many that bought a Wrangler to drag race it. Lol

Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I'll assume this is aesthetic only and they will never be used for their intended purpose (which is fine if that's what you want), so spraying will hold up more than fine.
I have had several vehicles with front tow hooks and over time they get stone chipped and start to rust. If I painted the stock hooks the blue would eventually show through beneath the chips. No big deal but i like to keep them looking clean and rust free. I even applied ppf to these to try to keep them that way.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
I’ll swap you hooks. The blue matches the interior stitching in my Islander. Mine are black. I’d prefer factory paint to my own paint.
i appreciate the offer but I have a second 4xe on order and will likely be swapping the blue hooks for the black ones. I think the black would pair nicely with the sting gray I went with for this one.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Durable for what? Drag racing or actually using them for their intended purpose? Spray painting is absolutely durable enough for drag racing. If it's for recovery points, well, I'd suggest you get some rattle can because no paint will withstand recovery unless you're full synthetic.

Ignorant owners or not, there aren't many that bought a Wrangler to drag race it. Lol
I am mainly concerned with durabilty as far as preventing rust from stone chips and salt. Just one less thing I would rather not have to deal with. And I did not buy a wrangler to drag race either, but I always prefer a sleeper look on all my cars.
Sponsored