Sponsored

How to identify an e torque engine

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
All I can say is the new vehicles are WAY to complicated. I guess my days as a shade tree mechanic are finished!
Sorry, easy shade tree days are probably 50% finished, unless you get a second wind in learning all the new electronics. I commiserate.

But there are still plenty of easy, bolt on, purely mechanical, parts to consider.
No fancy purely software controlled sway bars, lockers, or shocks for jeeps that I know of yet.

As for eTorque, I agree with the above; look for the giant battery on the driver-side. I have one, and it has been great.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
CID: Cubic Inch Displacement.
I'm just saying some engines started using metric displacements in the mid 70s and virtually all of them by the mid 80s. Jeeps most famous engine, the 4.0 Litre should have been on your radar at some point at least.

But if your CJ has been your primary driver all this time I'm impressed.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Shade tree mechanics have been wasting everyone’s time and money since about 1997.

OP
OP

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I'm just saying some engines started using metric displacements in the mid 70s and virtually all of them by the mid 80s. Jeeps most famous engine, the 4.0 Litre should have been on your radar at some point at least.

But if your CJ has been your primary driver all this time I'm impressed.
Sold my CJ7 many years ago. It had well over 175,000miles on it. I rebuilt the 304 small block v8 engine at 100,000. Dropped a Erson high lift long duration cam in and topped it of with a Holley lean burn carb. It would just barely pass emisions test. But it would smoke the tires.
I miss that Jeep.
Sponsored