Sponsored

How many use a screen protector on the display screen?

How many use a screen protector?

• Total voters

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I don’t understand the logic. You only see the fingerprints when the Jeep is off. If I even notice, it would be for 5 seconds when I first enter and when I leave.
Plus, most of us love our Jeep’s enough to keep em clean so when I clean my Jeep I clean the glass.
To each his own I guess however I voted no and haven't done it. I have one of the first 18's and my screen looks brand new. They are not fragile at all. Plus adding this screen probably just adds glare. Again if you feel the need go for it but it isn't like an iphone where you are going to drop it.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Shall I presume (nope, didn't say ass u me) one is not included with the system?
Purchased the Mopar offering for the 8.4 on eBAY form a Mopar parts vendor there. Two (2) screen protectors come in the box. Cost me $19.30 which included free shipping.

Cheap insurance, no glare, you have to look real real close to even see the protector is on the radio.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This post reminded me I put a MOPAR screen protector on. Zero issues. Bubbles go away with time.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Wow this thread is as divided as the 2 door vs. 4 door threads. Wasn't expecting that. I assumed most wouldn't have one. I was wrong, guess that's why I asked.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I added the Mopar protector a few weeks ago. I had a scratch on my last Jeep’s head unit from being careless when cleaning the interior. $12 is cheap insurance for me to not get angry at myself if I were to accidentally do it again.

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How many use a screen protector to protect their infotainment screen? Why or why not? If you use one how have your results been? Durability? Links and pics are greatly appreciated! Thanks
I had the screen protector waiting here before the Jeep was delivered. Installed it the first night. It came with two which is good because I messed up the first one, but I saw what I did wrong and the second went on perfectly.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Wow this thread is as divided as the 2 door vs. 4 door threads. Wasn't expecting that. I assumed most wouldn't have one. I was wrong, guess that's why I asked.
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt is also a ra
I added the Mopar protector a few weeks ago. I had a scratch on my last Jeep’s head unit from being careless when cleaning the interior. $12 is cheap insurance for me to not get angry at myself if I were to accidentally do it again.
Indeed, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOT THE T-SHIRT ..... 8-) will often dictate what you do in the future..

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
While I don't use one on my cell phone, I did put one on my jeep's screen and my wife's challenger's screen. Normally I wouldn't bother and never did in the past. But, unlike cell phones, the touch screens on the head unit are not glass (or glass like). With all the covid precautions going around and the over use of hand sanitizers I worry about the chemicals eating away at the screen. With all the delamination issues I've heard about, I have to wonder if that has something to do with it. I purchased one of the hardened glass type screen protectors (not plastic) from amazon. I found it easy to install and was left with no bubbles. Head unit responds just like it did without it.

Sponsored

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's not like a cell phone that goes in and out of your pocket, gets dropped occasionally, people put things on it etc... I've never use a screen protector for any my cars.
Although many people get a new cell phone often. I get one every two years when my cell contract renews. Of course this is a Jeep forum so maybe a lot of you get a new Jeep more often than I get a new phone!

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's not like a cell phone that goes in and out of your pocket, gets dropped occasionally, people put things on it etc... I've never use a screen protector for any my cars.
It's also not glass like a cell phone. I don't worry about dropping or scratching it. I do worry about chemicals on fingers these days eating away at the plastic touch screen. I've never used on on my phone, still don't, but I did put one on my jeep screen.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
How many use a screen protector to protect their infotainment screen? Why or why not? If you use one how have your results been? Durability? Links and pics are greatly appreciated! Thanks
I use the Mopar screen protector for my 8.4" Uconnect. I was hoping it would not show fingerprints, but it does.