Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Florida here.

Yesterday wasnt terribly hot but I parked it in the morning in a spot where it received sun for 5 hours.

When it was time to leave, the cabin was hot and I had a full load of people. With AC full blast and LO setting, it struggled a little.

You have to be a little "scientific" about it. Remember heat rises so really the heat was shoulders up but it sucked bad because the fiberglass top has no insulation so its smoldering. What I do is roll the windows down half way, turn the AC on to bring in outside air and drive for a min while the hot air escapes and the compressor is bringing in new conditioned air, then close back up.

I plan on doing a spray on insulation (lizardskin) soon, hopefully itll help. The other thing that will help is ceramic tint. Get shade on the side and back and clear on the windshield. I had ceramic in my old car and it helped block the heat a lot.
Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
In North Carolina we havenā€™t had any major heat this year, but remembering back to last year, it handled it well. Like @noloc45 says, I air it out with windows down for a few minutes if the tops been up (I have a soft top), then it handles well. It does pretty well with the top down toā€¦

Mine is actually pretty aggressive with the A/C when set to auto. But, I had a loaner Sahara auto trans with a hardtop for a couple of days and with that one I kept having to lower the temp. Not sure if it is just inconsistency in the units or if the hardtop made a difference.

Worse caseā€¦Go Topless!

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
East Texas here hot and HUMID the AC blows snow balls. Only takes a few mins to cool it down even with the soft top. It will however sound like a jet taking off when the cooling fan kicks in.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
We have been having temps in high 90's for the past 3 weeks and my rig is parked in the sun all day at work. I open the door lower the windows put the AC on at medium and it is cold in the cabin before I leave the parking lot..close the windows and i'm definitely comfortable for the hour drive home. People have said while driving with me that they were surprised at how fast it cools down for a soft top! lol I'll be happy to take the top down once the heat wave breaks. I do think the system is pretty great, better than most high end vehicles I have owned.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I recently had my windows ceramic tinted which helped.

i have a soft top. It seems like it just traps the heat. The ac blows cold but cant seem to get the cabin cold. Went offroading in the mountains at about 84 degrees and had the ac full blast and was sweating a little. Immediately went and got the ceramic tint done, including the windshield which is the biggest culprit. Its like a magnifying glass.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I live in Vegas where it is offensively hot sometimes. The AC blows cold, but it takes a while to cool the cabin down.

Just bought a windshield shade, gonna get ceramic tint, and the headliner. I hope that will help a little better.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I live in Hells Acres (Arizona desert) where summer temps are often well north of 115 degrees and the A/C works great! Blows ice cold and cools down fast even after sitting out in the sun all day.
My JL is a 2020 Rubi 2-door 3.6 w/8sp auto, cannot speak for other configurations...

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
My air blows cold, but does anyone else feel like the fan positions are just about dog shite? I can't seem to get them to actually blast me anywhere, only aim them to the left and right of me.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Mine works great, though I live up north (hottest days will flirt with 100). You want bad AC, try a German car.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I recently moved from Houston. i now live in Denver and we have been having a 90+ heat spell.

the AC works fine. It takes a bit to cool down but there is a lot of air volume inside a Jeep. No issues.

my Jeep has the roof liners so that might help.

my only ā€œcomplaintā€ with the AC is that it doesnā€™t seem to know how to make ā€˜automatic temp controlā€ work well. Once it gets going, it seems to just keep blowing cold. I turn the vents away from me or otherwise it gets ā€œuncomfortably coldā€....... my wife does the same. With the vents turned away, itā€™s perfect.

summary: takes a wee bit to cool down but will then keep your ass very cold.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

One thing i like about my poor mans ac is its just a basic knob. Just crank it to the max and it keeps blowing to the max till i turn it down.

Spinrite

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
New JL 20 yr owner and it's in the high 90s here and my ac can freeze me out.

Red Rock N Roll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
International Quality Control Manager
I've had my 2018 Jeep JLU soft top for just over a month here in Phoenix. It is hotter than hell this time of year. Day time temps easily over 115 degrees but the AC does a good job of keeping us cool. Now if I can just keep the driver's side vents from closing while I have the AC on!

Anyone know how to put new vents in that stay open?

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Going to be the ass here. Sorry but AC is going to be relative. Itā€™s likely not the vehicle that is the variable. But rather the individual.

Are you a fit person with low body fat. Are you extremely overweight?

It matters!

just saying.
The AC blows cold. Itā€™s a Jeep insulation is poor.
Sponsored