Sponsored

How do I set the correct length adjustable control arms?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I’m installing rear upper and lower adjustable control arms on my 2021 JLUR that has the 2” Mopar 2” lift and 37s.

I don’t see any recommendations for measurements in the instructions.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m installing rear upper and lower adjustable control arms on my 2021 JLUR that has the 2” Mopar 2” lift and 37s.

I don’t see any recommendations for measurements in the instructions.
Depends on how much height you actually got from the lift. If you got 3” or more of lift, then try 17.75 uppers and 20.25 on lowers. Check pinion angle to make sure your no more than 2 degrees down . Then look to see if the wheel looks good in the wheel well, if it does , then stuff the rear wheel and check the rear pinch seam to see if it needs trimmed.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Depends on how much height you actually got from the lift. If you got 3” or more of lift, then try 17.75 uppers and 20.25 on lowers. Check pinion angle to make sure your no more than 2 degrees down . Then look to see if the wheel looks good in the wheel well, if it does , then stuff the rear wheel and check the rear pinch seam to see if it needs trimmed.
thank you Roky. Can’t wait to see what kind of difference it will make getting them (Clayton’s) adjustable track bar and relocation bracket on. Still have to get the shop to realign and set the front caster to 6.5

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
thank you Roky. Can’t wait to see what kind of difference it will make getting them (Clayton’s) adjustable track bar and relocation bracket on. Still have to get the shop to realign and set the front caster to 6.5
Sure bud, no worries…….post pics when you get her done……..
Sponsored