Sponsored

Hood Strut Kit

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Thanks for the feedback. I got burned with a Chinese hood strut kit that said it did as well, just verifying with those who had installed. Thanks!
You and I both :angry:
Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Another positive nod for the Redline hood struts. I received these for Christmas. They installed in minutes and work quite well.
+1. I got the Redline kit because its very well engineered and doesn't require new holes. I also like how minimal the bracketry is, another kit i looked at had much more substantial brackets for no real purpose.

I had to get rid of the prop rod because I installed some under hood lights, I will post that write-up in the appropriate section.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine today. I received mine early in the week but unfortunately, I lost one of the plates in the hood when the screw slipped out - my fault and I'm sure this isn't the first customer to loose a plate. I installed the other side but neither screw would fully tighten. I pulled that bracket and the silver back plate was bending. So I ordered another bracket and they come as a pair. Arrived today and both of these brackets fully tightened though I used some loctite to ensure they don't back out. Works as expected.

dtortie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Any issues not telling a dealership you have hood struts installed? I'm picturing your Jeep under a lift/overhead object and the technician assuming he can open it 'low' and it springs up. Maybe I'm over thinking this? Ha.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Any issues not telling a dealership you have hood struts installed? I'm picturing your Jeep under a lift/overhead object and the technician assuming he can open it 'low' and it springs up. Maybe I'm over thinking this? Ha.
That would still be on the tech. Benefit outweighs the potential downside

Annoys me that my 60k msrp Jeep comes with a prop rod like a 90's civic. I just ordered the redline kit, well overdue

Sponsored

dtortie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
That would still be on the tech. Benefit outweighs the potential downside

Annoys me that my 60k msrp Jeep comes with a prop rod like a 90's civic. I just ordered the redline kit, well overdue
True but maybe a simple note on the dash/passenger seat would stop any mishaps before they happen.

I must say, I was surprised the first time I opened my hood.

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
[QUOTE="They have Quick release end fittings on the lower mounts so I can release them and lean the hood on the windshield.
Thanks! I was just going to ask about this.[/QUOTE]

rt-qr-layout-jpg-jpg.jpg

rt-jeep-layout2b-jpg-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Thanks! I was just going to ask about this.
rt-qr-layout-jpg-jpg.jpg

rt-jeep-layout2b-jpg-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.[/QUOTE]

It figures. Mine are being delivered today and now I find out about the free shipping. :(

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
+1 for Redline. Ten minute install and completely bolt on. No holes to drill.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Please contact us for any questions.
Pinging @Redline Tuning ... you have your settings for your Youtube installation video as being content made for kids so the video can't be saved to a folder. It would be great if you can change that setting so folks like me can save it to a Youtube folder (in my case my Jeep folder).

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.50.11 AM.png

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Well the struts arrived today and went on real easy. Love how they work. Just wish i knew about the free shipping before I ordered and paid shipping.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I like the design and simple installation. Unfortunately I have to report this hood strut will not work with the Rugged Ridge amfib snorkel. The strut will get in the way of the snorkel (vice versa) when trying to close the hood, at least on the passenger side. The driver side also interferes with Mishimoto gas catch can because they share the same bolt hole.

Again, great product. It is unfortunate when your engine bay gets a little bit crowded with aftermarket parts.

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I like the design and simple installation. Unfortunately I have to report this hood strut will not work with the Rugged Ridge amfib snorkel. The strut will get in the way of the snorkel (vice versa) when trying to close the hood, at least on the passenger side. The driver side also interferes with Mishimoto gas catch can because they share the same bolt hole.

Again, great product. It is unfortunate when your engine bay gets a little bit crowded with aftermarket parts.
The Mishimoto catch can on the 2.0 is located in a different spot so the struts would work on the 2.0. I was looking closely at the RR snorkel and the strut location and can see how it could interfere but I'm not sure if some creative engineering to push the strut base out just a bit may clear the snorkel. I'm also curious if just one strut would hold the hood? If 1 strut could hold the hood then the only option that wouldn't work would be a 3.6 with both Mishi catch can and RR snorkel.

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

I'm sorry to hear it won't work for your application. We design our systems for the stock engine compartment and unfortunately can't account for every aftermarket part variable. There just aren't that many locations suitable for proper function and retaining a simple bolt it installation.

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I'm also curious if just one strut would hold the hood? If 1 strut could hold the hood then the only option that wouldn't work would be a 3.6 with both Mishi catch can and RR snorkel.
Hello, one gas spring will not hold up the hood. When we design our systems we like to have even lifting force on both sides of the hood. We have developed a few "mono" systems, but only when the vehicle had a very short and light hood. The Jeep hood is too heavy and long and using only one gas spring to lift the hood would lead to undo twisting stress.
Sponsored