Hood Misalignment

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Curious if anyone else’s hood is misaligned. Mine hangs over the grill 1/2”+ rather than the two meeting together. I’ve looked past it for over a year but now it’s starting to bug me more and more. No doubt they’ll laugh at me next time I take it in for service. I doubt anything can be done to correct it…just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Misalignment 85F7E296-D801-489F-8CDD-4279410DB1A1
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Misalignment 1B56AAF2-DEEF-4004-9962-57FA4405C4B1
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Misalignment 152F9580-0CB7-471B-8427-CA61758E16EC
Jeep Wrangler JL Hood Misalignment F16F3880-29D2-4A82-ADFE-69F3CE76011D
Sponsored

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Mine has the same issue. I know it's not normal as this is my second Wrangler. But I think they would do more damage if I brought it in for repair.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
The bolts that hold the hood on the hinges if loosened have a metal bar on the hood side that can shift. So if you loosened those bolts and align the hood yourself, it’s pretty easy. I replaced my hood myself without any help and was able to align it fairly easily. You may need a slight wack to free the metal bars in the hood that is slightly stuck to the hood but should still be very easy

OP
OP
cgrosen324

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
The bolts that hold the hood on the hinges if loosened have a metal bar on the hood side that can shift. So if you loosened those bolts and align the hood yourself, it’s pretty easy. I replaced my hood myself without any help and was able to align it fairly easily. You may need a slight wack to free the metal bars in the hood that is slightly stuck to the hood but should still be very easy
Thank you for that insight!! I really do appreciate it.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
All of the other gaps look even. I wouldn’t screw with it.

Get an air deflector if you don’t like looking at it. It may not do much aerodynamics wise, but it’ll get your mind off the overhang and protect the edge of your hood from paint chips from the highway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cgrosen324

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
All of the other gaps look even. I wouldn’t screw with it.

Get an air deflector if you don’t like looking at it. It may not do much aerodynamics wise, but it’ll get your mind off the overhang and protect the edge of your hood from paint chips from the highway.
I was just out looking at it and I agree - everything else looks lined up properly except for that overhang. If there’s a way to fix it, I think you’d have to adjust the grill. I’ll see what the fine folks at the stealership have to say the next time it’s in for service. Appreciate the input.

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I was just out looking at it and I agree - everything else looks lined up properly except for that overhang. If there’s a way to fix it, I think you’d have to adjust the grill. I’ll see what the fine folks at the stealership have to say the next time it’s in for service. Appreciate the input.
Instead of the dealership, take it to a good collision shop, they would be the ones that know how to realign the hood.