Rubicon hood alignment

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Has anyone have their front hood alignment off....noticed mine was a little off at the front corners , by the hood latches....no big deal for me, surprised it passed jeep inspection......
20190210_124106.jpg
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Mine is spot on. Not to add frustration but if I were you that would drive me crazy. I'd take it and get it fixed under warranty.

TekSupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Mine is a touch off, noticed it when I put on a bug/rock guard. One of the latches is also a bit harder to open/close.

Fays4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Z71
Mine is a touch off, noticed it when I put on a bug/rock guard. One of the latches is also a bit harder to open/close.
One of my latches is a touch tighter than the other too, but my hood alignment is spot on.

Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Should be a pretty easy adjustment. Have it done at your first oil change under warranty.

OP
OP
signals34

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

frizille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2008 Lotus Exige, 1957 Caterham Super Seven
All I got was crickets. Nothing back from them. I'll send them another nudge today.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed my hood on the driver side is tighter than the passenger side. There is a noticeable gap as well. Kinda annoying. I guess I’ll have my dealer check it when I take it in for it’s first oil change.

frizille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2008 Lotus Exige, 1957 Caterham Super Seven
I was at the dealer
I just noticed my hood on the driver side is tighter than the passenger side. There is a noticeable gap as well. Kinda annoying. I guess I’ll have my dealer check it when I take it in for it’s first oil change.
I was at the dealer last week (or maybe week before, it all blurs together) and had them look at it. The body shop manager had never noticed the issue on any JL before. We walked around the lot looking at new JLs and all the Rubicons are like that. Saharas and Sports were all completely symmetrical. I think it may just be a "Rubicon thing".

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, well......mine’s a Sport S and has it! I’ll mention it for sure when I get my oil change done.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
If its on the corner near the driver side.... 9/10 times its the grill causing it to look off... You could also take rubber mallet and bang on the corner of the hood (bang outwards) to adjust the gap

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was at the dealer

I was at the dealer last week (or maybe week before, it all blurs together) and had them look at it. The body shop manager had never noticed the issue on any JL before. We walked around the lot looking at new JLs and all the Rubicons are like that. Saharas and Sports were all completely symmetrical. I think it may just be a "Rubicon thing".
@frizille

My 2018 2dr. JL does not have this issue....

OP
OP
signals34

signals34

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
my hood was a little off when i picked it up....no big deal, put a AVS deflector on, looks fine.....
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon hood alignment 20190210_123238
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon hood alignment 20190713_111506

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
If something like this is a concern then do not take it off road. A few cycles of the suspension and all kinds of body parts move and misalign.

I'm very curious as to why these kind of issues are not caught by the customer during the purchasing process. I never understood the emotional excitement that has customers overlooking everything except getting the vehicle off the lot. Only then do they go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Before pulling off the lot do your own PDI and have it up on a lift and inside a well lit bay to go over every single item you can put your hands on. Bring a flashlight also.

I get it though. It's called tunnel vision. When my ex wife and I purchased a new Tahoe I drove the sales and service guy crazy. I brought my own check list and treated it as a used car sell going over everything.

After I got it home I wanted to kick myself!! I completely forgot to get the tow package included in the sale. I ended up purchasing the factory transmission cooler, trailer hitch/harness and installing it myself. Lesson learned.
Sponsored