JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Of the two "PRESSURE SWITCH'S" ON THE RIGHT FRONT ENG COMPT.---THE

Outside sw. when activated, is to complete the ESS system and allow the MARVELOUS gas saving wonder--to operate !

Ain't jeepin fun ???

W.E.

JIMBO
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think this has been addressed before, but trying to clarify - shouldn't the alarm go off if someone opens the hood? There are two switches triggered when opening the hood. Is there settings in uConnect for it? I checked, but I might of missed it. Or can the Taser JL device do this? It can turn on the back up camera when you use your turn signals, you'd think it could be set to trigger the alarm when the hood is opened. Thanks.

joeyjoejoe285

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I think this has been addressed before, but trying to clarify - shouldn't the alarm go off if someone opens the hood? There are two switches triggered when opening the hood. Is there settings in uConnect for it? I checked, but I might of missed it. Or can the Taser JL device do this? It can turn on the back up camera when you use your turn signals, you'd think it could be set to trigger the alarm when the hood is opened. Thanks.
Those switches are to turn off the ESS system when the hood is opened, unfortunately, they are not for a hood alarm

Question about what you said about the Tazer...there is a way to hook that up to have the back up camera turn on when the turn signals are turned on? Do you know where to find that info?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Those switches are to turn off the ESS system when the hood is opened, unfortunately, they are not for a hood alarm

Question about what you said about the Tazer...there is a way to hook that up to have the back up camera turn on when the turn signals are turned on? Do you know where to find that info?
The feature is called TurnCam - details at https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
So it exsist to not allow the vehicle to start if the hood is open or ajar?
It has to b able to start with the hood open. How else would you be able to jump start with cables or a mechanic to diagnose engine noise?

Sponsored

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I was somewhat confused after reading this thread, since I found out (to my surprise) that my alarm did go off if I opened the hood with the alarm system armed. After a little further investigation, I found that the Hood Alarm was a feature of the Tazer that I had installed at the time. It is one of the default features that the Tazer will give you provided you leave the Tazer installed in the vehicle. It is active whenever the Tazer is installed and does not need to be enabled by a menu function within the Tazer menu.

Here is the text from the Tazer manual:

"Hood Alarm: Arm the factory Vehicle Theft Alarm. If the hood is opened while armed, the alarm will
sound and the Tazer JL Light show will be invoked. To turn off, press the PANIC button on the keyfob to
turn off the alarm, and the LOCK button to turn off the light show. Set Panic needs to remain enabled
for this feature to function."

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was somewhat confused after reading this thread, since I found out (to my surprise) that my alarm did go off if I opened the hood with the alarm system armed. After a little further investigation, I found that the Hood Alarm was a feature of the Tazer that I had installed at the time. It is one of the default features that the Tazer will give you provided you leave the Tazer installed in the vehicle. It is active whenever the Tazer is installed and does not need to be enabled by a menu function within the Tazer menu.

Here is the text from the Tazer manual:

"Hood Alarm: Arm the factory Vehicle Theft Alarm. If the hood is opened while armed, the alarm will
sound and the Tazer JL Light show will be invoked. To turn off, press the PANIC button on the keyfob to
turn off the alarm, and the LOCK button to turn off the light show. Set Panic needs to remain enabled
for this feature to function."

@TMac99

Yes, Hood Alarm is a Tazer JL, non-menu live, function that surfaced, in the beta and now is in final release firmware 11.0.8 .

As you said, if you install a Tazer JL that has firmware 11.0.8 on it and you leave the Tazer JL hardware attached, you will automatically lets say, have the Hood Alarm.

Per the 11.0.8, User's Guide ...Set Panic needs to remain enabled for Hood Alarm to function.
Some guys may not want Hood Alarm so knowing this will clue them in on how to kill/stop Hood Alarm.
........if you want to effectively kill/stop Hood Alarm from working, then just disable Set Panic
Sponsored