Factory Alarm

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Sadly, the app disallows rooted phones. In the end it doesn't really matter I guess, as I have the 6-speed, so no auto start for me anyway
Can't imagine that there are a lot of JL owners with rooted phones, kind of a mix of two totally different worlds! There are a few of us (I don't currently have a rooted/jailbroken phone but I could if I wanted to ;)), just saying they're generally two very different categories of interest. My how times have changed!
Sponsored

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
Can't imagine that there are a lot of JL owners with rooted phones, kind of a mix of two totally different worlds! There are a few of us (I don't currently have a rooted/jailbroken phone but I could if I wanted to ;)), just saying they're generally two very different categories of interest. My how times have changed!
Funny, I thought the same thing as soon as I hit send; but, the more that I think about it, the more it makes sense. I want to customize my phone so it will do what I want it to do. I bought my JL basically for the same reason.

It's just that no one expects an old guy like me to be rooting their phone any more than you would expect a geeky 20-something to be plunking down 40-grand for a new jeep.

Punk'N_JL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4 Door Sport
New Wrangler owner.

/wave>?\

How do you tell if you have the factory alarm?
I lock it with the window down, and can open door no alarm.
Thank you.
Does anyone know what the factory alarm actually does?

Thx

View attachment 196180
my wife found out... lock the doors with the remote. then unlock the tailgate with the key and open the door. if its there it will go off. hers did.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I just tested my 18 JLR with all the goodies and if the window is down and locked by remote... If I reach in and unlock with door handle NO alarm... My Lexus goes off if you do that.

I also did the shake test with alarm on shock Jeep and no alarm... We need this.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
New Wrangler owner.

/wave>?\

How do you tell if you have the factory alarm?
I lock it with the window down, and can open door no alarm.
Thank you.
Does anyone know what the factory alarm actually does?

Thx

View attachment 196180
look for "Security Alarm" on the vehicle's Monroney sticker, which can be found here:

Click here and add your VIN to the end of the web link

The factory alarm makes noise and prevents the vehicle from starting, should a zone be tampered with, without first deactivating the alarm with the fob.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Alternatively, if you have or set up a (free) account with mopar.com and, login, and click the Standard Equipment tab (under your VIN if you have more than one FCA vehicle) it should say "Security Alarm" if the feature came as part of your build.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Well you hit the nerve. Not on my window sticker attached but on the mopar Wtd Equip list.

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory Alarm mopar std equip list

Alternatively, if you have or set up a (free) account with mopar.com and, login, and click the Standard Equipment tab (under your VIN if you have more than one FCA vehicle) it should say "Security Alarm" if the feature came as part of your build.

Last edited:

Chrismc74

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary Wrangler JLU
Yep, I've checked mine, and there is no security alarm. And I've called my dealership and was told to get a 3rd party alarm.

I am hoping that there is something that will work with the Uconnect system without reinventing the wheel. And if there isn't, does anyone have any good recommendations for a good alarm.

Thanks

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Not an alarm, but in terms of anti-theft... I did see this online the other day. Anyone used this before? It's gotta be more effective than the "club" which goes on the steering wheel (they just cut the steering wheel to get around it).

Given that it is made of steel and made to prevent the car from ever releasing the emergency brake or going into gear... would this be effective? 🤔

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory Alarm 1645557259047
Sponsored