Factory Alarm

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
New Wrangler owner.

/wave>?\

How do you tell if you have the factory alarm?
I lock it with the window down, and can open door no alarm.
Thank you.
Does anyone know what the factory alarm actually does?

Thx

View attachment 196180
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Go into your unconnect settings and check the status.

OP
OP

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go into your unconnect settings and check the status.
I've gone thru every setting I think.....I have the 8.4 version and never have I seen anything "alarm" related.
Thank you everyone for trying to help

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I've gone thru every setting I think.....I have the 8.4 version and never have I seen anything "alarm" related.
Thank you everyone for trying to help
Are you locking it with the FOB?

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are you unlocking the door with the button on the inside of the door? They are not supposed to work if the alarm is set - you need to use the fob to unlock the door.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
New Wrangler owner.

/wave>?\

How do you tell if you have the factory alarm?
I lock it with the window down, and can open door no alarm.
Thank you.
Does anyone know what the factory alarm actually does?

Thx

View attachment 196180
If you have it (which I think all Sahara's do) it would say it on your window sticker. Also, when armed there is a red light at the bottom of the speedometer that will blink.

OP
OP

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have it (which I think all Sahara's do) it would say it on your window sticker. Also, when armed there is a red light at the bottom of the speedometer that will blink.
It blinks in the speedo but I think that is just for the immobilizer. The window sticker doesn't mention anything because I have almost all options. If you are shy about options then it will mention it. Thanks for your reply

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a minute... you’re Canadian. Maybe the electronics are different up there? Like how y’all treat DRLs differently than us in the States?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you unlocking the door with the button on the inside of the door? They are not supposed to work if the alarm is set - you need to use the fob to unlock the door.
I just walk up to it and grab the door handle. If I roll down the windows, lock the doors with the button on the door handle or the fob and open the doors from the inside, there is no alarm. I didn't try the button on the inside of the door because a thief would just use the door handle to get out. Thanks for your reply

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I just walk up to it and grab the door handle. If I roll down the windows, lock the doors with the button on the door handle or the fob and open the doors from the inside, there is no alarm. I didn't try the button on the inside of the door because a thief would just use the door handle to get out. Thanks for your reply
Maybe it is detecting the FOB and not alarming? Have you tried this without the FOB with you?

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If you have the Proximity fob when you touch the handle it unlocks the door and disarms the alarm.

"Grasp the Passive Entry Unlock Door Handle (if equipped, refer to "Keyless Enter-N-Go — Passive Entry" in "Getting To Know Your Vehicle" for further information)." 2019 Manual p31

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I tested what you're describing and mine acts as expected - doors locked and I reach in and open with inside door handle, horn honked and lights flashed until I grabbed the outside handle (fob was in my pocket). Hmmm...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I tested what you're describing and mine acts as expected - doors locked and I reach in and open with inside door handle, horn honked and lights flashed until I grabbed the outside handle (fob was in my pocket). Hmmm...
Well, I got nothing then.
Sponsored